- Season 16 of American Idol is winding down and the competition is getting stiff
- Less than 20 contestants remain in the competition as we enter the live rounds
- Viewer votes will now be part of the competition, deciding who stays and goes
The competition is heating up on season 16 of American Idol.
The live shows kick off on Monday. For the first time ever the show will be simulcast live on the east and west coasts, allowing for fans on both sides of the country to cast their votes for their favorite competitors at the same time.
‘We set out on a journey to find the best talent this nation has to offer,’ Channing Dungey, president of ABC Entertainment said in a statement, according to Deadline.
The American Idol live shows have begun, as has viewer voting for which contestants get to continue on in the competition
‘As we head into the next phase of the American Idol competition, it only makes sense to let every viewer from coast to coast experience the magic of live television and have the ability to vote for America’s next superstar.’
Plan to tune in? Here’s what you need to know to make sure your votes count.
When is American Idol on tonight?
American Idol will be on ABC at 8pm ET and 5pm PT on ABC on Monday. The show will be live, so make sure you don’t miss a second.
American Idol voting
There are three ways to cast your vote for the American Idol winner. You can visit this website, vote in the American Idol app or text the number of your preferred contestant.
The numbers are as follows:
- Caleb Lee Hutchinson: text 1 to 21523
- Michelle Sussett: text 2 to 21523
- Marcio Donaldson: text 3 to 21523
- Mara Justine: text 4 to 21523
- Garrett Jacobs: text 5 to 21523
- Ada Vox: text 6 to 21523
- Catie Turner: text 7 to 21523
- Cade Foehner: text 8 to 21523
- Dennis Lorenzo: text 9 to 21523
- Maddie Poppe: text 10 to 21523
- Jurnee: text 11 to 21523
- Jonny Brenns: text 12 to 21523
- Michael J. Woodard: text 13 to 21523
- Gabby Barrett: text 14 to 21523
Voting can only be done when the polls are open. You’ll have to tune into the show to find out when they’re available or click here for more information.
When are the American Idol live shows?
The American Idol live shows kicked off on Sunday, April 22, 2018. They’ll continue through to the finals.
During Monday’s episode, the cast is expected to be reduced from 14 competitors to 10.
On April 29, 2018, contestants will be tasked with singing Disney-themed songs during a live broadcast.
When is the American Idol finale?
The American Idol Season 16 finale will take place over two nights. The first will be May 6, 2018 and it’ll be a two-hour show. The second will take place on May 13, 2018.