Gable Tostee made headlines for a 2014 Tinder date that ended in a woman’s death.
After he was found innocent of any wrongdoing, the 31-year-old developed a strong Facebook following, where he now weighs in on current affairs and his attempts to rejoin the dating world.
On Wednesday, Mr Tostee, now known as Eric Thomas, hit back against a woman he claims tried to use his infamy to gain attention by claiming the pair had matched on Tinder.
A woman claimed she matched with Gable Tostee, now Eric Thomas, on Tinder this week, sharing her match to Facebook with the hashtag ‘lucky I don’t have a balcony anymore’
Thomas, 31, says the pair never matched. He immediately commented on the woman’s post, saying she was not his type, and dozens of his supporters flocked to the post to cheer him on
Earlier, the woman had shared pictures of Thomas’ Tinder account to her own Facebook account, telling followers the pair had matched, and captioning the picture ‘when you match with Gable Tostee’, and using the hashtags ‘lucky I don’t have a balcony anymore’ and ‘accident’.
Thomas was found not guilty of the death of Kiwi tourist Warrena Wright in 2014 after the woman he met on Tinder fell from his balcony.
The 31-year-old somehow stumbled across the post, and commented immediately telling the woman they had not matched, she was not his type, and she clearly had not read his biography on the app.
His friends soon joined in, cheering Thomas on for ‘roasting’ the woman.
Unable to get past the allegations, Thomas then shared a screenshot of their earlier interaction, and labelled the woman ‘a ho’ who was looking for attention
Thomas was found not guilty of the death of Kiwi tourist Warrena Wright (right) in 2014 after the woman he met on Tinder fell from his balcony
Shortly after, she deleted her post, but her alleged match had already taken screenshots and shared them to his own social media account.
Clearly still affected by the allegations, Thomas captioned the set of pictures, including the screenshots of others supporting him: ‘When a ho claims she’s matched with you just to get attention, gets roasted, then deletes her post’.
Just two days earlier, the 31-year-old slammed Madeline Anello-Kitzmiller, who made headlines this week after she and a friend confronted a fellow reveller for groping her at the Rhythm & Vines festival in Gisborne on New Year’s Eve.
The 20-year-old American-born woman was wearing a sprinkling of glitter covering her exposed breasts and a short skirt when a man crept behind her and friend Kiri-Ann Hatfield before groping her breast.
In a Facbook post on Tuesday night (pictured), the 31-year-old slammed Madeline Anello-Kitzmiller who made headlines this week after she and a friend confronted a fellow reveller for groping her at the Rhythm & Vines festival in Gisborne on New Year’s Eve
Tostee began his social media rant by saying ‘that everyone, no matter how they are dressed (or not dressed), has the right to not be groped or sexually assaulted, and that all blame for unprovoked assault should lie solely on the assailant and not the victim.’
‘But at the same time (cue the outrage), can anyone honestly tell me that this girl wasn’t expecting attention by going to a public festival full of crowds of intoxicated people, wearing nothing but glitter on her tits?’
Tostee said he didn’t have a problem with the way the women were dressed but believes ‘she was out looking for a fight, because what she did to the guy after wasn’t simply self-defence, it was also assault.’
‘I think it would only be fair if both the guy as well as glittert**s were charged with assault,’ he said.
The 20-year-old American-born woman (pictured right with her friend Katie Ashworth) was wearing a sprinkling of glitter covering her exposed breasts and a short skirt when a man crept behind her before groping her breast