News, Culture & Society

Girl who died ‘after drinking lethal cocktail of vodka’ bullied so badly she had to be homeschooled 

The 15-year-old girl who died after drinking a lethal homemade cocktail was bullied so badly she had to be homeschooled, according to a report.

Paris Kamper’s family believe she drank a bottle of vodka with sour lollies in it before she was found unconscious and taken to hospital, where she died three days later.

Paris, from Kenthurst in Sydney’s north west, had to leave school and be homeschooled due to intense bullying at Pacific Hills Christian School at Dural, The Australian reported. 

 

Paris Kamper died after three days in hospital following the incident which has left her family and friends crushed

Police investigating the incident believe the young girl found the recipe for the deadly cocktail, which contained alcohol, energy drink and lollies, on Instagram

Police investigating the incident believe the young girl found the recipe for the deadly cocktail, which contained alcohol, energy drink and lollies, on Instagram

Paris Kamper 

Paris Kamper (pictured) died after drinking a cocktail made from alcohol and energy drinks where she is being remembered as a ‘free-spirited’ young woman

Officers investigating the incident believe Paris found the recipe for the deadly cocktail on Instagram. It contained alcohol, energy drink and lollies.  

‘Anyone who thinks making an instructional video on how to consume excess amounts of alcohol in a dangerous manner is sensible or desirable they need to stop it,’ Superintendent Rob Critchlow said.

The teenager was found unconscious at a semi-rural property in Kenthurst on Friday night.

Devastated loved ones described the 15-year-old as an ‘incredibly talented’ and ‘amazing’ young horse rider with ‘a heart of gold’.

‘She was gorgeous but even more beautiful on the inside … she had a heart of gold and would constantly offer help to me if I needed it!,’ one person shared online.  

A 15-year-old girl (right) was found unconscious at a semi-rural property in Kenthurst, in Sydney's north-west, on Friday night

A 15-year-old girl (right) was found unconscious at a semi-rural property in Kenthurst, in Sydney’s north-west, on Friday night

'Anyone who thinks making an instructional video on how to consume excess amounts of alcohol in a dangerous manner is sensible or desirable they need to stop it,' Superintendent Rob Critchlow said

‘Anyone who thinks making an instructional video on how to consume excess amounts of alcohol in a dangerous manner is sensible or desirable they need to stop it,’ Superintendent Rob Critchlow said

Police seized items from the family home, including a bottle of alcohol and energy drinks, after it was discovered the teenager (right) had used an online recipe 

Police seized items from the family home, including a bottle of alcohol and energy drinks, after it was discovered the teenager (right) had used an online recipe 

It is believed that the 15-year-old was went out alone into the back paddock where she began to choke on her own vomit before being rushed to hospital.

The teenager had a blood-alcohol level of 0.4 when she arrived to hospital – a reading which is eight times the legal driving limit. 

‘This child was not a user of alcohol, she wasn’t known to have a drinking issue,’ Superintendent Critchlow said. 

‘I cannot state how pointless and tragic and sad and avoidable the death of a 15-year-old child, drinking alcohol on their own, is in a place that should be a place of safety.

‘The information we have is that she was quite a character, quite a free-spirited young girl, who was well respected and well liked.’ 

Devastated loved ones described the 15-year-old as an 'incredibly talented' and 'amazing' young horse rider with 'a heart of gold' who was 'deeply engaged in her animals'

Devastated loved ones described the 15-year-old as an ‘incredibly talented’ and ‘amazing’ young horse rider with ‘a heart of gold’ who was ‘deeply engaged in her animals’

'She was gorgeous but even more beautiful on the inside ... she had a heart of gold and would constantly offer help to me if I needed it!,' one person shared online 

‘She was gorgeous but even more beautiful on the inside … she had a heart of gold and would constantly offer help to me if I needed it!,’ one person shared online 

The girl’s older sister marked the devastating event by changing her profile picture and cover photo.

‘My angel,’ the caption under one of the pictures read, while the other one – a picture of the sisters – was simply labelled: ‘Snow Bunny’.

The girl was taken to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, in the city’s western suburbs, but she died on Monday.

The teenager was one of five children.

‘Send the strongest warrior angels to look after your beautiful sisters,’ one friend wrote. 

The girl (pictured) has also been remembered for her love of horses and was 'the best rider of her age' according to friends  

The girl (pictured) has also been remembered for her love of horses and was ‘the best rider of her age’ according to friends  

The teenager had a blood-alcohol level of 0.4 when she arrived to hospital - a reading which is eight times the legal driving limit

The teenager had a blood-alcohol level of 0.4 when she arrived to hospital – a reading which is eight times the legal driving limit

The girl has also been remembered for her love of horses and was ‘the best rider of her age’ according to friends. 

Police claimed the young teenager had little experience with alcohol after they seized energy drinks containing high levels of caffeine before paramedics rushed to her family home at 9.30pm last Friday.

Superintendent Critchlow, from her local Hills Police Area Command, also said combining alcohol with popular energy drinks containing the guarana stimulant was a toxic brew.

‘This investigation is in its infancy but early inquiries indicate this girl sourced an alcoholic drink recipe from an online site, then put that information to the test,’ he said. 

She was taken to The Children's Hospital at Westmead (pictured), in the city's western suburbs, where she died the next day on the Queen's Birthday public holiday

She was taken to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead (pictured), in the city’s western suburbs, where she died the next day on the Queen’s Birthday public holiday

‘The consequences have been tragic.’ 

Supt Critchlow said underage drinking was potentially fatal. 

‘We cannot emphasise more strongly the risk of underage and – more importantly – uninformed alcohol consumption,’ he said.

‘We have a family devastated by the death of their beloved daughter; they have a lot of questions.’

Supt Crithlow have a simple message for teenagers following the tragedy.

‘We will endeavour to find answers, but our message has to be: do not risk your health experimenting with high-risk information sourced online,’ he said. 

Superintendent Rob Critchlow, from the teen's local Hills Police Area Command, said alcohol and popular energy drinks containing the guarana stimulant are a toxic combination

Superintendent Rob Critchlow, from the teen’s local Hills Police Area Command, said alcohol and popular energy drinks containing the guarana stimulant are a toxic combination



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Do you like it? Share with your friends!


Comments are closed.