First his Hollywood star, now his New Hampshire granite.
New Hampshire State Police say someone smashed a granite block inscribed with President Donald Trump’s name early Friday.
The block had been part of a display along the sidewalk outside the State Library that showcases winners of the New Hampshire presidential primary.
The block (pictured) had been part of a display along the sidewalk outside the State Library that showcases winners of the New Hampshire presidential primary
Police were called to the library at 7:45am soon after the vandalized stone was discovered
‘It’s a historical marker identifying all of the winners, Democratic and Republican, who have won the New Hampshire Primary since 1952,’ State librarian Michael York told local broadcaster NH1. ‘There is a stone for each of the winners,’ he said.
Police were called to the library at 7:45am soon after the vandalized stone was discovered, according WGME. The damage is believed to have occurred between 4:30am and 6:30am Friday.
Trump’s block had been the last one in the line, marking his 2016 win in the GOP primary, and placed along a sidewalk adjacent to Park Street in Concord.
Trump’s block had been the last one in the line, marking his 2016 win in the GOP primary, and placed along a sidewalk adjacent to Park Street in Concord
Police say the block was smashed and scattered on the grass and street. An investigation has been opened into the incident and police are currently searching for suspects.
This isn’t the first time the library has experienced instances of vandalism on its property. Former Presidents George H.W. Bush and Richard Nixon had their stones stolen several years ago, York said.
Earlier this week, the West Hollywood City Council approved a resolution seeking the star’s removal, citing the president’s disturbing treatment of women.
Put forth by West Hollywood Mayor pro tempore John D’Amico and Councilwoman Lindsey Horvath, the motion, passed on Monday night, seeks the removal of the landmark ‘due to [Trump’s] disturbing treatment of women and other actions.
However, the vote is not legally binding as the council has no control over the Walk of Fame.
The council will instead send a formal letter to the overseeing bodies, Los Angeles city council and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, asking them to consider it.
They are unlikely to approve it’s removal as no star has ever been removed before.
‘Once a star has been added to the walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame,’ Leron Gubler, then president and chief executive of the chamber, told the LA Times in 2015 over efforts to remove Bill Cosby’s star.
Last month, a man used a pickax to destroy Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
West Hollywood Mayor Pro Tem John D’Amico (L) and Councilmember Lindsey Horvath (R) put forward the resolution which was approved on Monday. The decision falls for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce who have never previously removed a star
‘Because of this, we have never removed a star from the walk.’
Last month, a man used a pickax to destroy Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
According to authorities, Austin Mikel Clay destroyed Trump’s star with a pickax and later turned himself into police. He was charged with one felony count of vandalism on Monday in Los Angeles.
Clay could face up to three years in jail if convicted.
The star was previously vandalized by James Otis with a sledgehammer and pickax days before the November 2016 election.
Otis pleaded no contest to the felony. He was sentenced to community labor and ordered to pay $4,400 for the damage.
The Walk of Fame features more than 2,500 terrazzo-and-brass stars dedicated to the celebrities and industry figures from movies, television and radio.
Trump received his star in 2007 at a ceremony he attended alongside wife Melania and his youngest son Barron.
James Otis, left, attacked Trump’s star days before the November 2016 election while Austin Mikel Clay, right, destroyed it with a pickax last month. He was charged with vandalism on Monday