News, Culture & Society

Jordan DeRosier’s grief after her baby died from blanket

A distraught mother has opened up about how her seven-month-old son tragically died after he was caught in his blanket at bedtime.

Jordan DeRosier, from Puyallup in Washington, revealed the ‘unfathomable grief’ she endured as she paid tribute to her baby Sloan as a ‘sweet rainbow warrior’.

But just days later, the young mother was forced to hit back at critics after they shifted blame on vaccines for the cause of the baby boy’s death.

Ms DeRosier shared the heart-wrenching reason behind why she initially chose not to reveal the traumatic circumstances surrounding her son’s death.

Mother Jordan DeRosier (pictured) has opened up about how her seven-month-old son tragically died after he was caught in his blanket at bedtime

The young mother was forced to hit back at critics after they shifted blame on vaccines for the cause of the baby boy's death

The young mother was forced to hit back at critics after they shifted blame on vaccines for the cause of the baby boy’s death

‘To those who keep commenting and messaging trying to blame vaccines for our sons death- stop,’ she wrote on Facebook. 

‘Initially I had not wanted to explain the detailed circumstances of his death because of my guilt and the fear of condemnation from others. But I will not allow anyone to try and place blame where it does not belong.’

The mother-of-two revealed little Sloan died after he was caught in a blanket.

‘He was last laid down to bed with this blanket made by his great-great grandmother, and one other blanket, a grey one he had been attached to since birth,’ she said. 

‘They took the grey one he had been found with his head in. He had pulled it through the crib rails somehow and gotten himself stuck in it.’

Seven-month-old Sloan (right) tragically died after he was caught in his blanket at bedtime

Seven-month-old Sloan (right) tragically died after he was caught in his blanket at bedtime

The grieving mother urged fellow parents to be more cautious of where the blankets are placed near their babies’ cribs following the tragic incident.

‘You never think it will happen to you. You never think it will be your baby. Please do not put your babies to bed with a blanket,’ she continued.

‘Please. He was 7 months old, I thought because he was crawling, standing on his own, and climbing, that he would be fine with a blanket.

‘This is the face of immense, unfathomable grief, the face of longing, of heartbreak, of self inflicted GUILT. I will NEVER stop feeling responsible.

‘I will relive this for the rest of my life knowing EXACTLY what I could have done differently. Please learn from my world shattering mistake.’

Loved ones have set up a fundraising campaign to support the family.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Do you like it? Share with your friends!


Comments are closed.