Police charge boy and girl, both THIRTEEN, after 10 school pupils fall ill in lunch break after ‘taking pills’
- Alarm was raised after 10 school pupils fell ill at Dunfermline High School
- Six people were treated at the scene and further four taken to hospital
- A boy and a girl, both 13, have been charged in connection with incident
Two 13-year-olds have been charged after 10 school pupils fell ill on their lunch break after taking pills.
Paramedics and police rushed to Dunfermline High School in Fife on Friday after the pupils reportedly swallowed ‘Valium’, STV News reports.
Six pupils were treated at the scene while a further four were taken to hospital after the substances were consumed outside the grounds.
Police said that a boy and a girl, both aged 13, have been charged in connection with the incident.
The alarm was raised just after lunchtime on Friday at Dunfermline High School in Fife (pictured), with the substances believed to have been consumed outside the grounds
Fife Council urged parents to speak to their children and seek medical advice if they think they have taken tablets.
Phil Black, Fife Council’s head of education and children’s services, said: ‘After lunchtime, we were made aware that a small number of our pupils may have taken tablets outwith school grounds during lunchtime.
‘We called emergency services immediately and have worked with them to identify and support pupils who may have been affected.’
In a statement on Friday a Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: ‘We received a call at 1.23pm to attend an incident at Dunfermline High School.
‘We dispatched five ambulance crews, a special operations unit and a rapid response vehicle.
‘We treated six patients at the scene and transported four to Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.’
Police Scotland were unable to confirm what the 13-year-olds had been charged with. A report will be submitted to the Children’s Reporter.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.