News, Culture & Society

Three-year-old boy breaks his leg after getting caught up in a sliding electric gate 

Three-year-old boy breaks his leg after getting caught up in a sliding electric gate outside a Sydney home

  • He fractured his femur and his patella in the horror incident in Quakers Hill
  • The toddler was rushed to a children’s hospital in the city in a stable condition
  • A helicopter was called in but not used with the boy going to hospital by road 

A toddler has suffered severe leg injuries after he was trapped in a sliding electric gate for around 20 minutes outside a Sydney residential complex.

The ‘distressed’ three-year-old boy was rushed to hospital after he fractured his femur and his patella in the horror incident at Stanbury Place in Quakers Hill at around 11.30am on Wednesday morning.

Four ambulances arrived and a helicopter carrying CareFlight’s critical care team was also called in – which landed in a park behind the scene.

A toddler has suffered severe leg injuries after he was caught in a sliding electric gate outside a Sydney residential complex (pictured)

The boy was taken to The Children's Hospital at Westmead in a stable condition

The boy was taken to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in a stable condition

A doctor from the medical air support charity helped paramedics treat the young boy by providing him with a hospital level of care at the scene – a CareFlight spokesman said.  

The doctor, supported by one of the charity’s paramedics, remained by the child’s side until he had arrived in the hospital ward.  

A NSW Ambulance spokesman told Daily Mail Australia the young child had become trapped between the brick post at the end of the gate and the gate itself.

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.