- Former Russian spy and his daughter ate at chain restaurant before poisoning
- As they fought for their lives in hospital, internet troll posted sick spoof review
- TripAdvisor – who have been criticised in the past – have now removed the post
TripAdvisor has pulled down a sick review of the restaurant where poisoned Russian spy Sergei Skripal ate before he collapsed in a park.
Skripal and his daughter Yulia are fighting for their lives in hospital after they were given a dose of nerve agent in a suspected assassination attempt.
A police officer who was part of the investigation is also ill in hospital following suspected exposure to the nerve agent.
But while doctors battle to save the former spy and his daughter, an internet troll went on TripAdvisor to make fun of the incident.
A sick post of TripAdvisor making fun of the poisoning of a Russian spy has been pulled down
The restaurant is at the centre of a huge investigation after Sergei Skripal’s poisoning
The vulgar post, signed off ‘S. Skripal’, said the reviewer had ordered ‘Uncle Vlad’s Atomic Sausage’ and stated the waiter ‘refused to come within two metres of us after our meal’.
The review was later removed by TripAdvisor, which has previously come in for criticism over its lack of regulation.
Earlier this year, the head chef at a Yorkshire pub, once voted the world’s best restaurant, said customers often threatened to leave bad reviews on the site when the venue tried to charge last-minute cancellations fees.
And last year, the co-founder of a Scottish restaurant said customers would threaten ‘one-star’ reviews if they didn’t get a discount.
The Zizzi restaurant in the centre Salisbury has been taped off since the incident on Sunday.
A spokesman for the restaurant said: ‘The restaurant has been closed as a precaution and we are helping in any way that we can. While an investigation is ongoing, any enquiries should be directed to the police.’
Mr Skripal and his daughter Yulia (pictured on a previous visit to the restaurant) are fighting for their lives in hospital after they were hit with a nerve agent on Sunday
The restaurant is cordoned off