Why Convert MP4 to MOV?
MP4 is one of the most popularly used formats that are compatible with the majority of devices and players. Still, at times the format might face playback issues with Apple devices owing to the codec issues or the distorted files.
The best solution here to have hassle-free playback on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices is to convert MP4 to MOV format.
Developed by Apple, MOV is also known as a QuickTime File format that can be easily played using the Apple Quick Time Player.
To convert MP4 to MOV, the selection of the right tools or programs is important to ensure that files are converted in lossless quality and a simple manner. Below we have shortlisted the 2 best and easy ways for converting MP4 to MOV.
Easy ways to Convert MP4 to MOV
This professional software from Wondershare is just apt for all types of conversion needs as it supports over 1000 formats. Device-specific profiles are also supported by the software. The software can be quickly downloaded on your Windows and Mac system and allows converting multiple MP4 files to MOV and other supported formats. Learn more about compress MOV video.
Steps to convert MP4 to MOV using Wondershare UniConverter
- Step 1. Launch the software on your system and from the main interface, select the Video Converter tab. To browse and add the MP4 files from the system, click on the + or the Add Files icon. You can also drag and drop the files to the interface.
- Step 2. Open the drop-down menu at the Output Format tab and from the Video tab, select MOV as the desired format. Also, select the quality.
- Step 3. Choose the folder at the File Location to save the converted files. Finally, tap on the Start All button to proceed with the conversion process. Check the converted files from the Finished tab.
Wondershare Online UniConverter:
Wondershare also a free online tool that supported converting key video, audio, and image formats without any software download. The program works from the browser and allows the conversion of two concurrent files at a time. The files can be added from the local system or from Google Drive or Dropbox (free sign-up needed). There is also an option to edit the file parameters if needed. After the process, download the file locally or to Dropbox.
Steps to convert MP4 to MOV using Online UniConverter:
- Step 1. Open https://www.media.io/ on your browser and click on the Choose Files button to browse and load the MP4 files.
- Step 2. At Convert to section select MOV as the desired format from the Video list. To optimize the file parameters, click on the settings icon and make changes from the pop-up window.
- Step 3. Tap on the CONVERT button to start the process.
Additional features of Wondershare UniConverter
Though there is a long list of conversion tools available, Wondershare UniConverter stands at the top of the list, owing to its rich experience of over 10 years. The program is simple, quick, and reliable. In addition to the conversion, several other features are supported and some of them are enlisted below.
- Conversion of files in over 1000 formats and device-specific profiles
- Batch processing of files in lossless quality
- Option to add files from the local system as well as directly from the devices
- Download video and audio from over 10,000 sites including popular ones like YouTube, Vimeo, and more
- Option to record online video
- Comes with a built-in editor with support to features like trim, crop, add effects, and many more
- Compress files without losing quality