In this world, Instagram is a staple social media platform for most of us. The modus operandi is generally pretty easy: click a photo or shoot a video, exert filters, tag people or locations, and hit ‘post.’ But beyond scrolling through your newsfeed and posting selfies, there is a multitude of features and tools, to assist you to get even more out of Instagram. The level of simplicity, basic design, and user-friendliness will enable you to keep going on your toes. If you are eager to escalate your number of Instagram followers to the skies, then you might be taking benefit of the new features of Instagram. Am I Right? In this blog, I am going to show you 5 hidden features that will assist to take your Instagram game to the next level.
- Get Post Notifications from Your Favourite People
Did you ever wish to get a notification each time your favourite accounts upload something on Instagram or top influencers on Instagram coming life? The Instagram algorithm can hinder us from viewing everything we might desire to, but there’s a process to beat it! There are two simple methods to turn on notifications.
- Go to the account profile from which you would wish to get notifications.
- Click the Followingdropdown menu below their profile description
- Click Notifications.
From there, you can toggle posts, stories, and live video notifications.
You can also turn on post notifications straightaway from a user’s post.
- Tap on a post; press the three dots in the right-hand corner of the screen
- Select Turn On Post Notifications
You can always turn them off by following these same steps and clicking Turn Off Post Notifications.
Remove Yourself from Tagged Photos
It has happened to us all! Most users have been through that embarrassment of being tagged in a less than flattering photo or maybe a spam profile tagged you in some crap post. Thankfully, Instagram has just the feature to save your day.
- Head to the picture, and click it to select your username.
- You’ll find two options: Remove Me From Post and Hide From Profile.
- The Remove Me From Post option will remove the tag entirely.
- If you wish to hide it from the tagged pictures segment of your profile, then you should apply the Hide From Profile option instead.
You can also stop tagged pictures from showing up on your profile in the very beginning.
- Simply navigate to the Photos of Your bar
- Choose any image
- Tap Editon the top right.
- There, you can toggle Manually Approve Tags.
- Clear your Instagram Search History
Most Instagram users probably do not wish their search history continually shows them the impending danger; thus, the power to clear search history may be a Godsend. To break free from all those awkward search terms, you can:
- Navigate to your profile
- Tap on the 3-dot button situated at the top right of the page
- Click Settings at the bottom of the slide-out menu
- Press Security
- Scroll to the bottom, click Clear Search History
Always remember that selecting this will stop Instagram from auto-infill your usual search words, so be certain of your decision before confirming.
- Filter Instagram Comments
Wish to clear away improper or offensive comments that show up on your posts? No worries. The Instagram algorithm can filter them for you. Here’s how to keep the comment section quiet:
- Go to your profile
- Tap the three bars in the top-right of the screen
- Choose Settings> Privacy > Comments
- Toggle the Hide Offensive Commentsswitch on
- Set Manual Filters if you wish to hide particular words or phrases.
You don’t have the option to deactivate comments across your profile; you can turn off comments on a particular post by:
- Clicking Advanced Settings
- Tap Turn Off Commentingwhile you’re posting.
Hide Unwanted Ads
There has been much backwash regarding sponsored posts in more and more Instagram users’ feeds. Some brands find it really easy to ingrain their ads in activity streams, instead of solely building and marketing content through posts. What most users are unaware of is how simple it is to make these ads disappear.
- Just a click on the 3-dot button placed at the top right
- Tap Hide Ad.
And you are sorted!
IN A CRUX
There are plenty of features accessible to you in this little app then you might imagine. Hopefully, the above-mentioned features will assist you to use Instagram more conveniently and smoothly. You can not only manage your Instagram presence but also save your precious time. And then you will not search for any other social media networks to publish the post, share the stories, and converse with your favourite people. Happy Instagramming!!!