Lubrication of any equipment or machinery often requires an extra amount of effort. Those who have tried doing it manually will surely say that it’s labor-intensive. The great news is lubrication can be more comfortable and can be done in a less physically draining manner. And this is possible with the help of a reliable and fully functioning grease gun.
A word of caution, though, not all grease guns are the same. For one, there are different types of grease guns, from cordless to pistol grip to lever handle grease application gun. Also, aside from the different types, factors like warranty, amount of application, and expertise, significantly matters. Given all these, choosing the right one will make a lot of difference.
To help you decide, here are some of the essential factors that can help you make an informed choice.
Grease Gun Types
Before making a purchase, think of the kind of grease gun you need. Think of the functionality of the machinery. If you’re not fully acquainted with the different types of grease guns, they are the following:
- Lever: Lever handle grease application gun is the cheapest and the most common among all the types of grease sun. It’s also easy to use. All you need to do is to pull the grease gun lever to create pressure. A lever handle grease application gun is perfect for light-duty work and applications.
- Cordless: This grease gun is battery powered and an excellent choice for those who work in the outdoor or areas not reached by electricity. Its main selling point is its portability and mobility.
- Hand-Pump: This kind of grease gun requires users to do a pumping action to build air necessary for it to function.
- Pistol-Grip: The good thing about this kind of grease gun is that it’s easy to handle for both right and left-handed users. It can also be operated with one hand.
- Pneumatic: Among all the five kinds of grease guns, this is the most powerful and is perfect for heavy-duty applications.
Another factor that would determine the appropriateness of the grease gun you’re buying is the amount of lubrication you need. This will, likewise, indicate the size that you should choose. Think of the extent of application and the intended use to select the right grease gun.
No one wants to use and operate a complicated tool. As such, it’s equally important to buy a grease gun that’s user-friendly and straightforward. Buy a grease gun that’s highly comfortable to hold and operate since you might be using it for an extended time.
Understanding the product’s technical features is also vital to fully utilize the product’s use and functionality. In the case of grease guns, check its maximum pressure and strokes per ounce as these are reflective of the tool’s performance.
For peace of mind, buy a grease gun that has extensive manufacturer warranty coverage. It’ll be easier to have it repaired or returned if there will be hidden defects after you purchase it.
If you’re looking for high-quality and user-friendly grease guns, check out Lube Shuttle today. Their grease guns are made in Germany and it’s PLT, DLG, and TUV approved. All of their grease gun products are made from corrosion-resistant optimum quality steel tubes so you can be sure that you can use it for a very long time.