Reasons for email address verification: enjoy spam checker email results
Nowadays the preferrers of the “spray and pray” method may often find themselves surprised by their spam email checker results. “What’s wrong with this good old strategy?” you will likely ask.
Well, not rarely it makes emailing activities look like spam distribution. Your spam checker email will probably reveal issues caused by this carelessness. But what alternative can be suggested instead of chaotic sending?
Well, it would be really wise of you to start with verifying each of the addresses that you send messages to. What is this importance based on? Folderly, the developer of a well-known and the world’s trusted spam email checker is here to reveal this mystery.
Analyzing the benefits of verifying addresses on one’s contact list, we see the following:
- A deliverability increase. The owners of accounts that try to interact with accounts that haven’t been put through a verification test can’t expect great delivery rates. Is the result of 500 of 1000 messages to be landed in customers’ inboxes OK with you?
- A lower bounce rate. Emails get bounced much more when trying to knock on the doors of inactive accounts. Nothing surprising about it considering that the absence of caring where to send makes a user look like a spammer.
- The better transparency of email activities. The more customers trust their service provider, the more ready they are for business interaction.
Verification without sending: your best spam checker email’s developers advising
Whenever you want to test the account for email deliverability, realizing the current state of things is necessary. One needs to honestly admit whether he’s done all he could or was too lazy to perform some important actions. That’s what the result of any email delivery rate/spam-check always depends on.
But there’s also the other side of the coin. What can be worse than not doing something important? Probably, doing it wrong. We test email deliverability to see satisfying things or better. But good results aren’t to be expected when a user prefers to find out a potentially abandoned email address’s status by trying to knock on its door.
Sending a message to an inactive account leads to the letter getting bounced in a hard way. This indicates that there’s nobody behind the email account and the address should be eliminated from the list. But are you really ready to pay the price for doing so? Many bounces lead to email deliverability abruptly going down.
Thus, Folderly highly advises that such risky methods be never applied. Nowadays, there are more than enough technological tricks for e-address verification. Those modern tools allow for maintaining contact list hygiene safely.
How to manually test addresses for validity: email deliverability under control
Now, it should be perfectly obvious that before pressing “send”, you’d better test addresses for validity. Spam or inactive contacts are always found on marketers’ lists due to the dynamics of email activities.
Lots of e-addresses and accounts get abandoned over time resulting in the absence of anybody ready to interact with the sender. So, what are the advisable address verification methods?
- The usage of a free account. Though not the best one, this strategy can be gotten the hang of rather quickly. Sending messages from a dummy account will help find out whether the address is abandoned or not. The only possible problem is that it’s often hard to keep track of verification progress.
- Verification via the double opt-in strategy. The trick is that a unique link is sent to any prospect having created an account on your website. Clicking on the link serves as the confirmation of the customer’s email address.
Revealing there’s one less contact on the list is likely to make you feel upset. Well, don’t be! There’s always an opportunity for marketers in search of b2b sales leads to turn to Folderly for assistance. Folderly is a product of b2b lead generation company – Belkins. Generating b2b leads is what we call our specialty.
An email finder tool as an email address verification option: boosting your spam checker email
Test email delivery. See how vital it is to improve verification methods? Email deliverability doesn’t get better on its own, unfortunately. And the task becomes even harder when there are several active email addresses.
Something more powerful is required in this case. What’s meant is software that is capable of the verification of entire address lists. A tool with limited functions used only to test accounts for spam/email delivery issues won’t be enough here.
That’s when it would be wise to pick a reliable email finder. The latter is a service harvesting email addresses from available web sources to instantly verify them. One of such pieces of software is Hunter.io. It is often used to harvest email addresses from companies’ Internet sites. Another example of email finder software is ZoomInfo. This one, however, is a paid service so it’s for you to decide what to use.
Another useful trick is to try applying a sales tool. Such services are based on scraping data from user’s active web profiles. The extracted information may be compared to that scraped from companies’ websites. As a result, it will become obvious which email addresses are valid and which are to be written out of the contact lists of yours.
Verification tool principles of work: more than just a spam checker email
In b2b cold campaigns emailing is like walking through a minefield. You never know when a mine can turn out to be under your foot. Mistakes in b2b cost sales lead and therefore, profits.
But the more you are aware of how it all works, the better chances for a safe passage through the “minefield” are. So, what principles do email verification tools stand on? Verifying usually implies several steps:
- Syntactical verifying. We speak here about email checkers checking some email addresses ’ local-part together with the domain part. It’s done for ensuring compliance with the syntactical guidelines.
- Checking MX records. This is the stage where the email checker accesses the target user’s DNS records (for instance an MX record) via a DNS lookup. Checking a prospect’s MX record allows for identifying the server in charge of mail management.
- Accessing the SMTP server. After the connection has been established, the email checker requests the server for validation.
- Checking if the address is a disposable one. It’s done to make sure that the account hasn’t been created by a spammer. A checker scans through domains to find temporary email addresses.
- DNS record validation. In case a checker sees that DKIM, SPF, and DMARC are available, it considers the address to be valid.
Concluding on e-address verification: Folderly’s spam checker email to make the task easier
If for you as a b2b marketer every sale lead is valuable, then our pieces of advice are sure to prove useful in your campaigns. Email address verification may seem a chore but that doesn’t make the process less important for achieving considerable results. So get the spam/email delivery rate checker ready and start sorting out the mess on the contact lists.
However, the matter described here doesn’t cancel the existence of other potential issues. Knowing the current state of things always helps to feel maximum confident while improving your business situation. Folderly’s software can become your best navigator in this sea full of underwater rocks. So join us and feel powerful like never before!
Andrei Andrianov is an author focusing on analyzing the best tricks for improving one’s b2b marketing campaigns. His articles are devoted to explaining what b2b strategies are the most effective and why it’s important to use them.