How shopper paid just $62 on a grocery shop worth a staggering $600 by using ‘genius’ budgeting tricks ahead of time at Woolworths
- A savvy Aussie shopper has saved $540 on her Woolworths Christmas shop
- The mum combined her Everyday Rewards and Everyday Extra discounts
- She made much of the big savings as she had banked her rewards for Christmas
A bargain hunting Aussie mum saved $540 on her latest Woolworths grocery shop by using her Rewards vouchers in a clever way.
The savvy shopper spent just $62 on a a haul worth $602 by using Everyday Rewards discounts, an added Everyday Extra discount and the savings she had banked for Christmas ahead of time on her card.
The system lets customers ‘bank’ their points throughout the year to save, the mum build up a store of $470 using the method.
The savvy shopper spent just $62 on a a haul worth $602 by using Everyday Rewards discounts, an added Everyday Extra discount and the savings she had banked for Christmas ahead of time on her card
The woman received thousands of likes and comments from other bargain hunters after she posted her hack to the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia.
‘My score for the day,’ the delighted mum captioned her post.
She explained that she got a 10 per cent discount on the $602 shop using her Everyday Extra discount, which limits savings to a maximum of $50.
Everyday Extra is a $59 yearly subscription that Woolworths Rewards customer can sign up for.
The program allows shoppers to get a 10 per cent discount once a month in Woolworths or Big W, it also means shoppers earn three times as many points.
How the mum maximised her savings at Woolworths
* Join the free Everyday Rewards program which lets you earn points and boosters for every shop. For every 2000 points you can get $10 off a shop or 1000 Qantas points.
* Join the Everyday Extra programme for $7 a month or $59 per year. The subscription offers the same advantages as the Everyday Rewards programme and also includes 10% off one shop per month at Woolworths or Big W. You earn three times the points you would normally earn, and extra perks are sent directly to your inbox.
* Once a week Woolworths releases boosters on certain items, this allows you to boost your points when buying them. To do this you have to select boost on the item in the Rewards app. Every dollar is usually worth one point, but if you boost an item you can earn up to 10 points per dollar.
* Check the discounted section every time you do a shop, some times food items can be drastically reduced near closing time if they are due to expire the next day. Products that will expire soon can be frozen to last longer.
‘I find banking points until Christmas helps a lot around Christmas time,’ she said.
The mum also got eight times worth of points on her purchases, saving another $20.
She explains that she uses the ‘boost’ feature in the Woolworths app often to further maximise her savings.
‘Grand total $62 for a $602 shop. Winning!’ she said.
The mum used the Woolworths Everyday Rewards and Everyday Extra programmes to make her savings. She had been banking her points for Christmas for several months. She also regularly ‘boosts’ her points in the Rewards app
Fellow savers were quick to congratulate the mum on her savings.
‘Damn, so impressive,’ one woman said.
‘My sort of of shopping. I’m pretty keen on shopping at Woolies I think,’ another commented.
Another mum said she managed to ‘make $20’ in Woolworths using her discounts.
She bagged a $520 shop for only $50 using her Everyday Extra and Everyday Rewards discounts, and earned $70 worth of points.
Many shoppers love the Everyday Extras programme.
‘Everyday Extra is so good. I have already got my money back,’ one mum said.
‘I know right? I’ve saved $97 in three weeks and only paid $59 for the yearly subscription,’ another wrote.
‘I did an online shop on Sunday and got nearly 6000 points on a $150 shop and got $30 towards my Christmas money,’ a third wrote.