Embattled television personality Andrew O’Keefe will remain behind bars until the end of the month after he was arrested for allegedly breaching an apprehended violence order of a former partner.
It was just the latest in a long line of sad scandals for the former Deal or No Deal host, who used to be one of Australia’s most popular TV presenters.
The fallen TV host’s personal life has been on a downward spiral after the Seven network dumped him in 2021 following a separate domestic violence incident with a former partner.
Sources told Daily Mail Australia former colleagues no longer keep in touch with O’Keefe following his exit from the network.
‘It’s sad, nobody I know at Seven has kept in contact with him,’ a source revealed.
‘To continue a relationship wouldn’t be good for optics,’ they added.
Embattled former TV star Andrew O’Keefe (pictured) has landed himself in trouble again
The fallen TV host’s personal life has been on a downward spiral after the Seven network dumped him in 2021
The source added that O’Keefe was well-liked by top executives and crew during his 18 years at the network.
The fallen TV host, 51, was once considered the Seven Network golden boy, taking home an estimated pay-packet of $1 million a year.
He was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia for his extensive television and charity work.
The latest saga to haunt the embattled father-of-three, came on Saturday after he was arrested at a unit on Longworth Avenue in Point Piper, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.
Appearing at Parramatta Local Court on Sunday afternoon, it was revealed he had been charged with contravening an AVO after allegedly spending ’10 to 15 minutes’ at the unit of his former partner – who cannot legally be named – the night before.
O’Keefe (pictured) first became a household name while hosting Deal or No Deal
The court heard O’Keefe had been invited by the woman to visit, as they wanted to ‘resume… their relationship’.
But Magistrate Robert Walker said despite the invitation, O’Keefe must have been aware he was in breach of the AVO conditions, something he said there was ‘no excuse’ for.
‘You must be sick of doing this,’ Magistrate Walker said to the former TV star, who appeared in court via audio-visual link.
‘I’m a little over it, Your Honour,’ O’Keefe replied.
The court heard O’Keefe was currently receiving treatment for mental health concerns, before making a frank assessment.
‘It (treatment) doesn’t seem to be working, does it,’ he said.
O’Keefe’s solicitor Sharon Ramsden applied for bail on her client’s behalf and said he was simply at the home to collect some of his belongings.
She said that despite the fact there was an AVO in place between them ‘the parties (involved) wish to resume… their relationship’.
‘The ultimate breach is he was there for 10 to 15 minutes at the property,’ Ms Ramsden said.
‘It appears to be the parties wish to resume contact. The complainant I understand has extended an invite to claim the property.’
Prosecutor Peter Archibald opposed bail, saying police had concerns O’Keefe would endanger the safety of victims and interfere with witnesses, for several separate matters he is currently on bail for, if he was released again.
O’Keefe then took a parting shot at the Magistrate as he was led out of the cells at Surry Hills Police Station.
‘Thank you, Your Honour, for nothing,’ he said, slamming his hands on the table in front of him before leaving the room.
O’Keefe will remain behind bars on remand until his next appearance in Downing Centre Local Court on August 30.
In recent years, he’s been in and out of court on drug and assault charges, and spent four months behind bars on remand after he was charged with a choking assault on another woman in his Sydney CBD apartment on Kent Street in January last year.
O’Keefe’s battle with drugs has played out publicly in recent years, including several stints in rehabilitation.
Following his exit from Seven in 2021, he battled his demons in silence, attending a Buddhist-style silent meditation retreat where he vowed not to speak a word.
He separated from his wife Eleanor in 2017, was infamously pictured kissing a brunette during a night out in Tasmania in 2018, and divorced his partner in 2019.