News, Culture & Society

Angie Kent says she is ‘so grateful’ she didn’t hurt anybody after pleading guilty to drink driving

Angie Kent says she is ‘so grateful’ she didn’t hurt anybody following her ‘lapse of judgement’ – after pleading guilty to mid-range drink driving


Angie Kent has issued a stern warning about the dangers of consuming alcohol and getting behind the wheel after pleading guilty to mid-range drink driving. 

The reality TV star told The Daily Telegraph on Thursday that she is ‘so grateful’ she didn’t hurt anybody after blowing 0.081 after she was pulled over by police in Sydney’s Pyrmont on October 3 . 

‘Let me be the lesson,’ the 31-year-old former Bachelorette told the publication.  

A cautionary tale: Angie Kent told The Daily Telegraph on Thursday she is ‘so grateful’ she didn’t hurt anybody after her ‘lapse of judgement’ – after pleading guilty to mid-range drink driving

‘If you think you can have two drinks and drive, think again, because it is totally not worth the lapse of judgment,’ she said. 

Angie admitted that she has reflected on her poor decision over the past few weeks and come away from it learning an important lesson.

‘I am so grateful that I didn’t hurt anybody and I will never have two drinks and drive again,’ she added.

'I try to be inspired by my experiences, not defined by them': Angie admitted that she has reflected on her poor decision and come away learning an important lesson

‘I try to be inspired by my experiences, not defined by them’: Angie admitted that she has reflected on her poor decision and come away learning an important lesson

The TV personality pleaded guilty to drink driving after blowing over the limit during a random breath test on the city’s Anzac Bridge earlier this month.  

Angie had claimed that she only had two drinks on an empty stomach while getting ready for a fully-vaccinated picnic. 

During her trial, she was slammed by a magistrate and subsequently disqualified from driving for four months. 

As well as receiving a four-month driving ban, the reality TV star was also fined $1,200 and ordered to participate in an interlock program for 12 months.   

Punishment: During her trial, the reality TV star was slammed by a magistrate and subsequently disqualified from driving for four months

Punishment: During her trial, the reality TV star was slammed by a magistrate and subsequently disqualified from driving for four months 

Magistrate Vivien Swain pointed towards Angie’s poor driving record, which she said was ‘littered with offences’ including ‘several demerit letters’. 

Angie was pulled over for her breath test after temporarily relocating to Sydney to film the Channel Seven reality show Dancing With the Stars.  

Her lawyer Justin Wong explained that she had wanted to return to Queensland this month through the home quarantine system but was now no longer eligible due to the drink driving incident and will have to wait until December.

The long wait: Her lawyer Justin Wong (pictured) said Angie had wanted to return to Queensland this month through the home quarantine system but was now no longer eligible due to the incident and will have to wait until December

The long wait: Her lawyer Justin Wong (pictured) said Angie had wanted to return to Queensland this month through the home quarantine system but was now no longer eligible due to the incident and will have to wait until December 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk