Another false start, Mario? Former Man City and Liverpool striker Balotelli fails to ignite the engine on his new Hyundai car – with the Adana Demirspor striker ‘a January transfer target for mega-rich Newcastle’
- Mario Balotelli took to Instagram to show off his silver Hyundai but it didn’t start
- Balotelli has scored eight goals in 20 games for Turkish outfit Adana Demirspor
- Adana Demirspor president Murat Sancak claims Newcastle want Balotelli
Mario Balotelli’s career has stalled and it appears his vehicle has as well.
Balotelli took to Instagram to reveal his new wheels – a silver Hyundai.
However, the saying ‘looks can be deceiving’ certainly applied here as the 31-year-old’s engine wouldn’t start.
Mario Balotelli took to Instagram to show off his new silver Hyundai but his car didn’t start
Despite that false dawn, Balotelli is enjoying a revival of some sort in Turkey at Adana Demirspor.
Adana Demirspor sit eighth in the Turkish Super Lig, just two points behind third-placed Fenerbahce.
Balotelli has scored eight goals in 20 appearances across all competitions under Vincenzo Montella.
His form has reportedly alerted Newcastle United, according to their president Murat Sancak on Tuesday.
He is enjoying a decent season at Adana Demirspor – having scored eight goals in 20 games
‘An Arab team made an offer for Balotelli yesterday. We refused, we said ‘we do not want to sell him,’ Sancak told Sports Cauldron on January 14, as quoted by Fanatik.
‘Newcastle United were considering signing Balotelli, but they have not made an offer so far. There is a release clause in his contract, but I won’t tell you how much is that.’
Balotelli, who won the 2011-12 Premier League title with Manchester City, sees his Adana Demirspor contract expire in June 2024 and dreams of returning to Italy national team for the World Cup play-offs in March.
Sancak released another interview on Tuesday, adding that ‘€10million [£8.3m] is only the starting point to sign Balotelli’ but insisted he is ‘not considering’ selling him.
The 31-year-old’s form has reportedly alerted interest from Newcastle in the January window