Another Sydney restaurant has been forced to temporarily closed after a customer tested positive for COVID-19.
The infected patron visited Frankie’s Food Factory, in Milperra, between 12pm-2pm on July 9.
The owners of of the restaurant have been scrambling to contact all patrons who visited the venue on that day, asking them to get tested if they feel unwell.
The restaurant has also been closed while staff are tested and the venue is cleaned, Frankie’s Food Factory said on its facebook page.
The new cases come as fears grow of a new wave seeping into NSW from Victoria, which has been battling a fresh outbreak.
The infected patron visited Frankie’s Food Factory, in Milperra, between 12pm-2pm on July 9
The owners of of the restaurant have been scrambling to contact all patrons who visited the venue on that day, asking them to get tested if they feel unwell
The new cases come as fears grow of a new wave seeping into NSW from Victoria, which has been battling a fresh outbreak
Earlier this week a popular burger joint, a pizza restaurant and a Woolworths store in New South Wales were forced to temporarily close after being hit with coronavirus cases.
Store owners of Milky Lane in Parramatta were contacted by NSW Health on Tuesday after a customer tested positive for the illness.
The customer visited the store on Saturday. All customers at the store on that day have been notified, the company said on Facebook.
The store was closed for cleaning and all staff have been tested for the virus.
Mancini’s Original Woodfired Pizza in Belfield, in Sydney’s south-west, was also forced to close for three days for cleaning after an infected man dined at the restaurant on Friday.
NSW Health are now investigating the potential new cluster that could be forming and has been contacting customers who were at the venue on the same day.
A Woolworths store in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, 110km southwest of Sydney, has also been forced to close for cleaning after a staff member tested positive to COVID-19.
The store said the employee worked on Sunday but did not show any symptoms when they were at work.
A Woolworths store in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, 110km southwest of Sydney, has been forced to close for cleaning after a staff member tested positive to COVID-19
NSW Health are investigating a potential new cluster after a coronavirus-positive man spent an hour at Mancini’s Original Woodfired Pizza in Belfield, in Sydney’s southwest, on Friday
Any customers who shopped at the store on the day have been urged to make contact with NSW Health should they feel unwell.
Last week it was revealed a new cluster was forming at a Sydney pub after a 30-year-old woman and a man in his 50s were found to have contracted COVID-19 after visiting the Crossroads Hotel in Casula.
Cases associated with the hotel reached 30 on Tuesday night.
However, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said she had no plans to put Sydney into lockdown again despite worrying clusters developing.
‘Until we have a cure, we have to live with it. We cannot shut down every time we have a cluster of cases,’ Ms Berejiklian told A Current Affair.
‘We cannot keep shutting down, reopening, shutting down and reopening. That is not a good way for us to manage the pandemic because it creates chaos for people.
‘It creates chaos for businesses who are employing people and it makes us lose confidence in the future.’
Crossroads Hotel in Casula, in the city’s south-west, was forced to shut after two revellers tested positive to coronavirus
Pictured: The Crossroads Hotel in Casula, in Sydney’s south-west
But Ms Berejiklian announced a tightening of restrictions in response to the Casula outbreak with a limit of 300 people at pubs and hotels – and group bookings to be capped at 10 people.
It will be mandatory for pubs and hotels to download and register the COVID-19 safe plan and take down contact details of all patrons.
Venues with a capacity of more than 250 people will be required to have a full-time marshal on site to enforce COVID-19 safety guidelines.
The changes don’t apply to clubs, restaurants or The Star casino and will come into effect from 12.01am on Friday.
Ms Berejiklian said it was ‘unrealistic’ to assume that there would be zero COVID-19 cases in the state.
‘I think what we are going to have to accept during the pandemic is that we are always going to have cases. We are always going to have outbreaks,’ Ms Berejiklian acknowledged.
‘I don’t ever want to be in a situation again where we have to lockdown NSW. We’ve done that, we did it well, we came together and now what we need to do is keep working together.
‘Take the health advice, get tested, stay home… keep everybody safe.’
Victoria is currently dealing with a second wave of coronavirus cases by locking down certain areas in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
NSW has ramped up its testing after an outbreak at the Crossroads Hotel in Casula (pictured: A nurse administering COVID-19 tests to people in their cars)
Although Ms Berejiklian made it clear she has no intention of shutting down NSW for a second time, she warned that everyone would need to make ‘sacrifices’.
‘I’ve not hugged my parents for months. That is a decision I have taken because I’m extra careful,’ she said.
‘All of us have to make sacrifices, all of us have to take actions to protect the wider community
‘But we also need to accept that children need to be educated, people have to go to work… we cannot be in lockdown forever and no community could be.’
Pictured: The Sydney venues feared to be at the centre of COVID-19 outbreaks
Meanwhile, South Australia will delay its border opening with NSW, which was set down for July 20.
In Victoria, Premier Daniel Andrews on Tuesday said it was too early to decide on further restrictions, noting metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire are just one week into a six-week lockdown.
He also confirmed Victoria’s last returned overseas travellers would finish hotel quarantine by Thursday.
International flights will continue to be diverted away from Melbourne indefinitely, meaning the state’s botched hotel quarantine program will stay suspended.
More to come
Latest coronavirus facts and figures
* A man and a woman aged in their 80s have died of coronavirus in Victoria, taking the state’s toll to 26 and Australia’s fatalities to 110.
* Victoria recorded 270 new cases on Tuesday, tipping total cases nationwide over 10,000, with 21 people on ventilation in intensive care.
* NSW has 13 new cases and WA one, a 10-year-old boy in quarantine.
* Pubs in NSW will have patrons capped at 300 and must record contact details of every guest with 30 cases now linked to a venue in southwest Sydney. Meanwhile, residents from Liverpool and Campbelltown will be barred from entering Queensland.
* South Australia has cancelled its planned July 20 border reopening with NSW and the ACT.
* Immediate testing will be compulsory for all Victorians as soon as they land in WA, with travellers from NSW potentially next.
* Queensland will up its tough virus laws this week to include a penalty of six months’ jail.
* Australia had only 25,800 overseas arrivals in June, half of whom were returning residents, according to provisional ABS figures.
* The Australian Nursing Federation has urged against AFL matches going ahead at Perth’s Optus Stadium this week, arguing the 30,000-strong crowd risks a WA outbreak.
* The Giants are ready to decamp NSW if the AFL says go, with player Nick Shipley already relocating from his western Sydney home to teammate Shane Mumford’s house.
* AFL clubs could face the prospect of six games in a five-week span in a bid to get through the coronavirus-impacted season.
* The A-league will still play out its 2019-20 season in NSW despite the latest outbreak but has prepared a ‘Plan B’ option to shift clubs to Queensland.
* July 15 – NT to rule on if it will relax border restrictions with NSW.
* July 17 – International arrivals to WA will have to pay for their 14-day hotel quarantine.
* July 17 – NT will reopen its borders with quarantine for people from virus hotpots.
* July 18 – Returning travellers to SA and NSW to pay part of their hotel quarantine bill.
* July 31 – The earliest date Tasmania may open its borders to the mainland after delaying the move, previously planned for July 24
* August 1 – Tentative date for WA to lift all remaining restrictions, except border closures and access to remote Aboriginal communities.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Australia’s total number of cases is now 10,251 with 2308 cases active and 7835 people recovered
* The national death toll as of Tuesday is 110: NSW 49, Victoria 26, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states)
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 12,910,357
* Deaths: at least 569,128
* Recovered: at least 7,116,957
Data current as of 1800 AEST July 14, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates and Worldometer.