A break-in is every homeowner’s worst nightmare, so if you’re looking to improve your home security, the best place to start is with your doors. Don’t allow your home to be an easy target for burglars, a security door is a simple and effective way to deter thieves from attempting to break into your home. Jim’s Security Doors offers a comprehensive choice of doors and features to ensure you are able to choose the best door for your home and needs.
Security doors are certainly not all the same, and nor should they be! Just as your house has been designed, decorated, and fitted to suit your needs and aesthetic preferences, so it follows that your security door should also. Burglars often access a home through the front door, so a security door is an important safety feature to protect your home and its contents from thieves. The locks on a regular front door are generally no match for an experienced thief with the right tools. All doors available through Jim’s Security Doors have passed rigorous Australian Standards testing and each door is custom-made to your specifications.
Gone are the days when the only options for security doors were heave-duty fortress-style gates. Nowadays security doors can be customized to individual tastes and colour schemes as well as circumstances. Before considering which security door is right for your home, it is worth considering what factors are important or relevant to you in making your choice.
- Do you live alone and want a security door that will allow you to see out without answering the door?
- Do you have kids or dogs and need a door that will withstand heavy, rough usage?
- Do you live in a period-style home and want a door that will match its more ornate design?
- Do you prefer a sleek modern style?
- Would you prefer a design that is easy to clean?
- Do you live in a coastal area where the salty air causes metal to corrode quickly?
- Do you want an affordable security door in a classic style?
- Do you live in a high-crime area and want a steel door that will protect you from intruders?
- Do you want to update your home’s kerb appeal?
- Do you want to ventilate your home with fresh air without compromising your security or exposing yourself to insect nuisance?
- Are the colour choices available going to complement your home?
- Do you want to save on your insurance premium by installing a security door?
There are many security features to consider when selecting a security door to install. Below are some key desirable attributes for the best protection to consider before you make your purchase:
- Look for a door that’s made from aluminum or steel for premium strength and durability. Steel is the stronger material, but aluminum is a great affordable alternative and is available in ornate grille designs to complement your home.
- Consider a solid steel core for extra strength.
- A steel frame offers the best protection.
- A triple locking system can be added to security doors to provide an additional measure of protection against break-ins.
- Getting your door professionally installed is the best way to ensure your home is protected. It may seem like a DIY opportunity but an incorrectly installed security door may not be effective against a break-in so it’s always best to engage a professional. Jim’s security doors offer a free measure-and-quote service, visit our website to book in.
Don’t let your home become the target of a burglar when there is a simple and effective solution to deter thieves. Jim’s Security Doors has a range of doors to suit your needs and preferences, let’s explore the different options!
ScreenGuard security doors
ScreenGuard security doors are constructed from perforated marine-grade stainless steel mesh and are a sleek and stylish, but durable option to safeguard your home. The high tensile woven mesh is corrosion resistant, so perfect for homes in coastal areas that might be exposed to hard-wearing salty winds. ScreenGuard doors are top-of-the-line and are constructed with a heavy-duty aluminum frame made from T6 extruded aluminum for extra strength and protection and are covered by a 10-year warranty.
PerfGuard security doors
PerGuard security doors are a great option for those with kids or pets looking for a durable and visually appealing door that allows visual access without compromising your level of protection. PerfGuard security doors are covered by a seven-year warranty and are constructed from 1.6mm thick, corrosion-resistant aluminum mesh and are designed to be ultra-secure and durable.
Diamond grille security door
These versatile security doors are available with either the classic diamond grille design or a double diamond design and are available in a wide range of colours and can be fitted as a hinged or sliding door. The style of mesh available for the diamond grilles can be customized to your preference: as a standard flyscreen mesh, pet mesh, perforated aluminum, or privacy/one-way mesh. These doors are designed to stand the test of time and provide a classic, customizable and economical option for home security.
One-way privacy mesh
Privacy mesh is an effective way to protect your home from intruders without allowing visitors to see into your house. This attribute provides additional security by preventing thieves to see into your home for vulnerabilities or easily grabbable valuables as well as allowing you to see who is outside your door without compromising your safety by opening the door. In a sense, you can answer your door without opening it. One-way mesh is available in two thicknesses, a heavier variety that can be used on its own or a lighter option designed to complement a diamond grill or cast aluminum style door. Privacy mesh doors provide excellent airflow and ventilation while also being easy to clean, resistant to insects, and durable.
Heritage cast aluminum grilles
Looking for a security door to match your home’s old-world décor and design? For a security door that complements or enhances your home’s style, without compromising on durability or protection, heritage cast aluminum grilles are a great choice. Jim’s Security Doors offers a range of ornate grilles to add charm and sophistication to your entranceway. These premium quality cast aluminum grilles are available in a variety of colours and can be fitted with lightweight flyscreen security mesh or, for premium protection, one-way privacy mesh. Must check security doors prices Melbourne before buy
Flyscreen doors are a fabulous and economical option to provide protection from insects while allowing fresh air to ventilate your home. While flyscreen doors don’t provide the best security from potential thieves, they are suitable if you’re simply concerned about providing a basic breathable barrier between your home and the outdoors. Jim’s Security Doors offers a variety of mesh options including fiberglass as well as more durable pet mesh options.
Don’t wait until after your home security has been compromised to purchase a security door. Make your entranceway your frontline defense against break-ins and ensure your house, contents, and loved ones are protected from burglary by a quality security door.