News, Culture & Society

At least one dead and 18 injured after 18-story Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans COLLAPSES

At least one dead, 18 injured and three missing after 18-story Hard Rock Hotel under construction in New Orleans COLLAPSES and sends cranes slamming into the street below

  • Video shows the moment that the top floors of the building came crashing down onto Basin Street at around 9am in New Orleans
  • At least one person has been reported dead from the accident 
  • 18 people have been taken to the hospital in unknown condition
  • Three people are unaccounted for 
  • It is not exactly known how the building collapsed 
  • Plans for the mixed use development project were first unveiled in February 2018 and the building expected to open in the spring 

At least one person is dead and 18 more are injured after a large portion of the Hard Rock Cafe in New Orleans came crashing down on Saturday morning. 

Video shows the moment that the top floors of the building – which has been under construction for the last several months – came crashing down onto Basin Street at around 9am.

At least one person has been reported dead from the accident, a fire chief at the scene told BNO News.

At least one person has been reported dead from the accident

Video shows the moment that the top floors of the Hard Rock Cafe came crashing down onto Basin Street at around 9am in New Orleans that left one dead

It is not exactly known how the building collapsed but Nola.com reports that 18 people have been taken to the hospital in unknown condition. Three others are said to be missing. 

Upper floors come toppling down as two large cranes are seen swaying in he aftermath.

Witnesses recalled that the cranes were ‘sort of dangling there’ as employees struggled to stay alive. 

It is not exactly known how the building collapsed. The development was expected to be open in the spring

It is not exactly known how the building collapsed. The development was expected to be open in the spring

‘I saw two guys on about the 10th story just hanging on,’ said Keith Director, who had been driving by the building when he heard a loud ‘bang.’ 

Construction workers had to use ladders to get down to safety, WWLTV reports. 

The Hard Rock Hotel was expected to open in the spring and was to be an 18-story building with 350 rooms. It was also going to have 62 condominiums.

Plans for the mixed use development project were first unveiled in February 2018. 

18 people have been taken to the hospital in unknown condition after suffering injuries in the collaspe

18 people have been taken to the hospital in unknown condition after suffering injuries in the collaspe

Construction workers were said to have had to climb down ladders in order to get to safety

 Construction workers were said to have had to climb down ladders in order to get to safety



Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.