News, Culture & Society

Australia Day BBQ leaves a woman with horror burns after fly spray falls onto the grill and explodes

Australia Day BBQ horror leaves a woman with severe burns after fly spray falls onto the grill and explodes all over her face

  • A woman has been burned after a freak BBQ accident on Australia Day 
  • The woman’s fly spray is believed to have fallen onto the grill and exploded 
  • She was airlifted to hospital in a stable condition with burns to her arms and face

A woman in her sixties has suffered severe burns after a freak barbeque accident on Australia Day.

The horrific incident unfolded in the Darling Downs region of Queensland on Sunday afternoon. 

A can of insect spray is thought to have fallen into a lit barbecue, exploding into the woman’s face and body.  

A woman in her sixties was airlifted to hospital around 4.30pm on Sunday after a can of fly spray fell onto the grill of a BBQ and exploded 

The RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter responded to a call around 4.30pm.

The Queensland Ambulance Service drove the woman to a park close by, where the helicopter was waiting.

She was airlifted to Toowoomba Hospital, in a stable condition.

The woman also suffered chemical burns as the spray from the can covered her face and her arms, she is in a stable condition

The woman also suffered chemical burns as the spray from the can covered her face and her arms, she is in a stable condition 

 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.