News, Culture & Society

AVO taken out against TV star Deborah Hutton’s ex-boyfriend

An apprehended violence order has been taken out against the ex-boyfriend of TV star Deborah Hutton – as his lawyer told a court he ‘still cares for her’.

Robert Venour Dulhunty, 49, allegedly planted a bag of condoms and restraints inside the multimillion-dollar home they shared in Bronte.

Police have now taken out on AVO against Dulhunty on behalf of Ms Hutton.

‘We still care for Ms Hutton we just want to give her some personal space,’ Dulhunty’s solicitor Bryan Wrench told Waverley Local Court on Thursday – a statement Magistrate Mary Ryan said was ‘gratuitous’.

  

An apprehended violence order has been taken out against the ex-boyfriend of TV star Deborah Hutton – as his lawyer told a court he ‘still cares for her’ 

TV star Deborah Hutton has been spotted at Bondi Icebergs just days after her ex-boyfriend was charged with stalking and intimidation

TV star Deborah Hutton has been spotted at Bondi Icebergs just days after her ex-boyfriend was charged with stalking and intimidation

The glamorous presenter and former model exercised near the pool in Sydney's affluent eastern suburbs on Thursday morning

The glamorous presenter and former model exercised near the pool in Sydney’s affluent eastern suburbs on Thursday morning

She spoke out about the incident for the first time on Thursday, saying she was ‘surrounded by friends and family’

In a statement posted to her Balance by Deborah Hutton website, staff said she was 'shocked and devastated by the situation as it evolved'

In a statement posted to her Balance by Deborah Hutton website, staff said she was ‘shocked and devastated by the situation as it evolved’

'We can confirm she is now safe and working with the police on resolving this matter and letting the legal process take its due course,' the statement said

‘We can confirm she is now safe and working with the police on resolving this matter and letting the legal process take its due course,’ the statement said

Hutton's staff said she was 'surrounded by friends and family' after the incident

Hutton’s staff said she was ‘surrounded by friends and family’ after the incident

Mr Wrench agued his client wanted to respond to ‘gratuitous’ claims about the case which had been reported in the media, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Dulhunty was not present at court, as his bail conditions prevent him from being in Waverley in Sydney’s east. 

The glamorous presenter and former model stretched and skipped near the pool at Bondi Icebergs on Thursday morning.

She spoke out about the incident for the first time on her website, saying she was ‘surrounded by friends and family’.  

He allegedly made it look like a break-in to intimidate her into not ending their relationship.

He allegedly called Triple Zero claiming he confronted an attempted attacker outside the home he shared with Dutton, 56, shortly after 6am on August 8.

In a statement posted to her Balance by Deborah Hutton website, staff said she was ‘shocked and devastated by the situation as it evolved’.

‘We can confirm she is now safe and working with the police on resolving this matter and letting the legal process take its due course,’ the statement said.

‘Deborah is surrounded by friends and family, and we trust the Balance community will also support her through this difficult time.

Hutton’s staff said she was working with the police on resolving the matter involving her ex-boyfriend

Hutton was pictured skipping and stretching at the popular exercise spot in Sydney's eastern suburbs

Hutton was pictured skipping and stretching at the popular exercise spot in Sydney’s eastern suburbs

The glamorous model and TV presenter planked on a mat at Bondi Icebergs on Thursday morning

The glamorous model and TV presenter planked on a mat at Bondi Icebergs on Thursday morning

Police alleged  Dulhunty called Triple Zero claiming he confronted an attempted attacker outside the home shortly after 6am on August 8 (Hutton pictured)

Police alleged Dulhunty called Triple Zero claiming he confronted an attempted attacker outside the home shortly after 6am on August 8 (Hutton pictured)

‘As a community, we believe (every) woman, man and child has a right to feel safe in their relationships and in their home – a celebrity should be no different.

‘We also acknowledge that it takes courage and resilience beyond measure to recognise and remove yourself from toxic situations. So we are sending Deborah all our love.’ 

Dulhunty allegedly told police the attacker left behind a number of items, with investigators later finding condoms and an apparatus used to restrain someone. 

Police initially believed Hutton had been targeted by a celebrity stalker but nine days later they were led back to Dulhunty.

He was arrested at the home on Monday and taken to Waverley Police Station where he was charged with stalk or intimidate to cause fear of physical or mental health (domestic violence).

Dulhunty also faced three counts of destroy or damage property, false representation resulting in police investigation and making a false call to an emergency services number.

He told police the attacker left behind a number of items, with investigators later finding condoms and an apparatus used to restrain someone (Hutton pictured)

Court hears Robert Venour Dulhunty, 49, allegedly planted a bag of condoms and restraints inside the multimillion-dollar Bronte home they shared in Sydney's eastern suburbs (Hutton pictured)

Court hears Robert Venour Dulhunty, 49, allegedly planted a bag of condoms and restraints inside the multimillion-dollar Bronte home they shared in Sydney’s eastern suburbs (Hutton pictured)

Court documents stated police alleged Dulhunty ‘did intimidate Deborah Hutton with the intention of causing…(her) to fear physical or mental harm’. 

They will allege Dulhunty, a former company director, staged the event hoping it would push Hutton into staying with him for protection as they were in the midst of a break-up.

The case is due to return to court on August 30.

Court documents listed Hutton as the owner of the home, which was also listed as Dulhunty’s address.

She purchased the spectacular four-bedroom abode in Bronte, which boasts an uninterrupted vista of the ocean in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, in late 2015 for $3.8million.  

Court documents listed Hutton as the owner of the home (pictured), which was also listed as Dulhunty's address

Court documents listed Hutton as the owner of the home (pictured), which was also listed as Dulhunty’s address

She purchased the spectacular four bedroom abode (pictured) in Bronte, which boasts an uninterrupted vista of the ocean in Sydney's eastern suburbs, late 2015 for $3.8million

She purchased the spectacular four bedroom abode (pictured) in Bronte, which boasts an uninterrupted vista of the ocean in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, late 2015 for $3.8million

Court documents stated police alleged Dulhunty 'did intimidate Deborah Hutton (pictured with late Harry M Miller) with the intention of causing...(her) to fear physical or mental harm' 

Court documents stated police alleged Dulhunty ‘did intimidate Deborah Hutton (pictured with late Harry M Miller) with the intention of causing…(her) to fear physical or mental harm’ 

They will allege  Dulhunty (centre) staged the event hoping it would push Hutton into staying with him for protection as they were in the midst of a break-up

They will allege Dulhunty (centre) staged the event hoping it would push Hutton into staying with him for protection as they were in the midst of a break-up

Hutton has been a household name in Australia for more than 40 years, having worked as a model and in the media

She graced the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine at the age of 16, was the face of Qantas for 12 years and was the editor of Women’s Weekly magazine. 

While in a long-term relationship with late celebrity agent Harry M Miller, she was a regular feature in newspaper social pages.

Hutton has also hosted Looking Good and Location Location on the Nine Network and was a fashion expert at Kerry Packer’s old TV station almost two decades ago.

Ms Hutton (right with Megan Gale) been a household name in Australia for more than 40 years, having worked in some of the world's most competitive industries - namely modelling and TV

Ms Hutton (right with Megan Gale) been a household name in Australia for more than 40 years, having worked in some of the world’s most competitive industries – namely modelling and TV

While in a long-term relationship with late celebrity agent Harry M Miller (pictured together), she was a regular feature in newspaper social pages

While in a long-term relationship with late celebrity agent Harry M Miller (pictured together), she was a regular feature in newspaper social pages

Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk