Liverpool 4-0 Red Star Belgrade, RESULT: Champions League scores including Barcelona vs Inter Milan, PSG vs Napoli and the rest
- Liverpool put Red Star to the sword at Anfield, scoring four against the Serbians
- The Reds have scored 27 goals across their last eight home games in Europe
- Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino
- Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen, Alba, Lenglet, Pique, Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Rafinha, Arthur, Coutinho, Suarez
- Inter XI: Handanovic, D’Ambrosio, Skriniar, Miranda, Asamoah, Brozovic, Vecino, Candreva, Valera, Perisic, Icardi
- Elsewhere, Barcelona, beat Serie A outfit Inter and Dortmund thrashed Atletico
Scoring three goals or more in a European tie at home used to be a relatively rare treat, saved for the occasions when your team really cut loose. Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool team have done it seven times in their last nine Champion League games at Anfield.
Since last season began with a 4-2 defeat of the German team Hoffenheim, Liverpool’s goal tally at home in Europe reads 4, 3, 3, 7, 0, 3, 5, 3, 4. To save anybody adding, the sequence up it tallies 31
Occasionally the opposition has been poor, like it was here. UEFA’s blue riband competition is not always as brimming with quality as it should be or indeed used to be. Nevertheless, this Liverpool team’s hunger for goals is remarkable. When they get their blood up, they are like a boxer driven forwards by the scent of vulnerability. Punch, punch, punch, punch.
Read the full report here.