Belmont Stakes 2023: horses, odds and post positions: Everything you need to know
- Belmont Stakes at Belmont Park will run on Saturday with post time at 6.50pm
- Scratched Kentucky Derby favorite Forte is now favorite for the $1.5million race
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
All eyes will be on Belmont Park this weekend as the final instalment of the Triple Crown is run.
The $1.5million Belmont Stakes gets underway at 6.50pm on Saturday with tens of thousands spectators set to pack the stands.
Favorite Mo Donegal landed the big race last year, while scratched Kentucky Derby favorite Forte leads the market this time around.
The Todd Pletcher-trained three-year-old worked over the weekend in preparation. Mage won the Kentucky Derby, National Treasure won the Preakness so who will come out on top in the Belmont?
Here, Mail Sport takes you through everything you need to know, including the favorites and the all important post positions – as well as how to watch the Belmont Stakes…
Belmont Stakes favorite Forte in the barn after a morning workout at Belmont Park on Tuesday
1. Tapit Shoes, Brad Cox, Jose Ortiz
2. Tapit Trice, Todd Pletcher, Luis Saez
3. Arcangelo, Jena Antonucci, Javier Castellano
4. National Treasure, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez
5. Il Miracolo, Antonio Sano, Marcos Meneses
6. Forte, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz
7. Hit Show, Brad Cox, Manny Franco
8. Angel of Empire, Brad Cox, Flavien Prat
9. Red Route One, Steve Asmussen, Joel Rosario
Tapit Trice 3-1
Angel of Empire 7-2
National Treasure 5-1
Hit Show 10-1
Red Route One 15-1
Tapit Shoes 20-1
Il Miracolo 30-1
HOW TO WATCH
FOX will be broadcasting live coverage of the Belmont Stakes with the show starting at 11am ET on FS1 on Saturday, June 10.
The coverage then switches to FOX’s main channel at 4pm until 7.30pm, with the reaction to the huge race on FS2 from 7.30pm.
The action on the track will also be streamed online on fuboTV.