Lowlife’ thugs glue a pet cat’s EYE closed leaving her owner ‘devastated’ and the terrified animal needing emergency surgery
- Claire Isaac, 26, said she had to lock her cat in the house to get a good look of it
- Primrose ran away whenever Claire got close at their home in Wales on Tuesday
- Was rushed to the vets at midnight where she was shaved, washed and cost £119
- Claire says it has ‘really unnerved’ her and is too scared to let other pets out
- WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Cat’s eye-ball is burned with superglue
A ‘timid and friendly’ cat had its eye glued shut by a ‘lowlife’ and was forced to get emergency surgery.
Claire Isaac, 26, noticed her pooch Primrose was behaving out of character when it started running away whenever she got close. She was forced to lock her beloved pet in the house to get a good look of her eyes and stop her running away.
She found the super glue bottle in the car park leading to her house in Llwynhendy, Llanelli in Wales, on Tuesday evening.
Claire Isaac’s cat Primrose, six, was left in agony and blinded after a ‘lowlife’ put superglue in her eye (pictured right). Her owner fears she will never let her beloved pet out of her sight after the incident
Traumatising: The kitty was rushed to the vets at midnight where she was shaved and cleaned before being given anaesthetic to treat the burns. Claire says Primose ‘means the world’ and people have rushed to her support on social media
She rushed four-year-old Primrose to the vet who noticed the glue had burned the top of its eye – and was forced to be shaved, cleaned and undergo anaesthetic to help pull the glue from her eye.
Claire took to Facebook and has received 760 likes and 300 comments on her post.
Primrose rests on the work surface with his sore eye noticeable as he squints at the camera
She wrote: I’m horrified that anyone could do this, it has really unnerved me. What kind of monster could do this to a cat?’
She has been left shocked that someone could act so cruelly towards a defenceless animal which cost her £119.
‘If someone was to call her over she would go and let them stroke her. She loves to climb and jump up things, I can’t understand how someone could do something like that to an animal.’
Another piece of glue fell out of the cat’s eye the following morning and the kitty was extremely distressed but the vets have told Claire that Primrose’s sight is fine.
Claire added that in the meantime she was also too scared to let her other pets out of the house.
‘I don’t think of them as pets, they aren’t just a thing you own, I think of them as family, they mean the world to me.’
She wrote on Facebook yesterday: ‘Primrose has slight swelling, a small burn above her eye and a lot less fur! She is already back to her old happy self, unlike myself that is still a nervous wreck and won’t be letting her out of my sight anytime soon.’
People have been quick to offer their support on social media, with Helen Richards commenting: ‘I pray for Karma to do it’s worst. Hope this beautiful baby gets well soon bless.’
Becca Jane Williams said: ‘Whoever did this needs torturing!!’
Lauz Thorbzarella wrote: ‘Poor puss. Hope you’re fur baby has a recovery. Wasn’t there finger prints on the glue bottle that police could pin?’
Dyfed-Powys Police has been asked for comment.