A grandmother was left in hospital after her face swelled up dramatically following an eyebrow wax and tint at a beauty salon.
Jane Jeakings, 53, from Bristol, suffered a ‘horrendous’ allergic reaction to the treatment, with the swelling leaking puss-like fluid four days after the procedure.
She has been prescribed a long list of medication to treat the pain, while her vision is blurry due to the significant swelling on her face.
Jane said it felt like her ‘face was blowing off’ during the reaction and is now considering legal action against the salon, which has apologised for what happened.
Jane Jeakings, 53, (pictured in hospital) from Bristol, was left in hospital after she suffered a ‘horrendous’ allergic reaction to an eyebrow treatment, which saw her face swell up dramatically
Jane had the eyebrow wax and tint at Nails Tech in Bristol, which has said it will no longer be carrying out the treatment.
The grandmother-of-four said:’The pain is horrendous and I felt like my face was blowing off.
‘I’m not normally the sort of person who makes a fuss but it got worse and worse with each day. I’m devastated.
‘My whole face is very sore and my vision is blurred because of the swelling.
She had the eyebrow wax and tint at Nails Tech in Bristol, which has said it will no longer be carrying out the treatment. Jane is pictured here a few days after her treatment
‘It’s too early to know whether my eyebrows will ever grow back but I’ll just have to wear glasses when I go out.’
Jane is now having to take medication to cope with the pain, including six steroid tablets, four antibiotics, four antihistamines and cocadamol a day.
She says she is considering legal action against the beauty salon following her allergic reaction.
Her daughter Vicky Tucker, 29, slammed the salon for carrying out the treatment.
She said: ‘They weren’t qualified to do this. Her face has now ballooned and we had to get the paramedics out as her eyebrow was burnt off while her face is puffing really badly.
Jane said it felt like her ‘face was blowing off’ during the reaction and is now considering legal action against the salon
‘It’s like two black slugs on her eyebrows. The salon said to keep it on for an hour but this was the wrong advice, and it should have only been left on for five to 10 minutes max and never put on straightaway.
‘I did some research which suggested that they shouldn’t even tint after a wax as the follicles will be open.
‘I want this to be a warning to others – do your research on the people you are going to, don’t go to a nail salon but a proper beauty therapist.’
Dung Nguyen, from the salon, has apologised online, describing it as a ‘terrible accident’.
Dung wrote: ‘I read your post and really apologize for what happened to your mother. We didn’t intentionally & didn’t expect it to happen.
‘It was a terrible accident. I have working for many years and rarely have skin allergies with clients, sad to know this.
‘I didn’t know she had sensitive skin & she didn’t tell us about that. But I sincerely apologize.
‘I would like to be able to visit her and help her in our capacity if that’s alright for u. Hope u will reply soon! I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.’ (sic.)’