British teenager accused of lying about gang-rape by 12 Israelis arrives in court in Cyprus with her head covered – a day after the men were released without charge
A British teenager has arrived at court in Cyprus today over accusations she invented a gang-rape attack while on holiday there.
The 19-year-old, who has not been named, arrived at Famagusta District Court in Paralimni with a black jumper over her head this morning.
She had alleged that 12 Israelis had raped her in a hotel room, leading to their arrest.
Scroll for video
A British teenager has arrived at Famagusta District Court (pictured) in Paralimni, Cyprus, this morning over accusations she invented a gang rape attack while on holiday there
The 19-year-old (pictured lying down in the back of a car today), who has not been named, arrived at the court with a black jumper over her head
The woman (pictured walking into court today) had alleged that 12 Israelis had raped her in a hotel room, leading to their arrest
Five were released on Thursday following extensive DNA testing and the remaining seven were released yesterday after the woman ‘changed her story’.
Police sources said she had retracted her statement after being further questioned by detectives over the weekend following the examination of further DNA results.
Doubts about her story began after one of the teens she identified as taking part in the gang rape was able to prove he was in bed with his girlfriend who had taken a selfie.
According to the Briton’s previous account of the attack, she went to the hotel (pictured) room of one of the boys who she knew before the group jumped on her and attacked her
Five of the men were released on Thursday following extensive DNA testing and the remaining seven were released yesterday (pictured) after the woman ‘changed her story’
The remaining seven teenagers were allowed to leave the police district headquarters in Paralimni yesterday (pictured)
A police spokesman in Nicosia said yesterday:’ A 19-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of making false allegations ‘
Yaniv Habari, a lawyer for some of the now freed men, told MailOnline that parents of the remaining seven men ‘were obviously very happy’.
Habari also said that his clients ‘will take action, civil action’ against their accuser.
Three of the men admitted having sex with the British woman and said it was consensual. The others all denied rape.
The five Israeli teenagers who were accused of gang-raping the British woman in Aiya Napa last week were released and flown home to Israel on Thursday (pictured)
A legal source told MailOnline that the woman has changed her story and the men (pictured being led into court) will be free to go
Five of the 12 were released without charge on Thursday when there was no DNA evidence to link them to the alleged sex attack at the Pambos Napa hotel in Ayia Napa.
The woman had claimed she agreed to sex with one of the men but was held down by others and raped in the early hours of the morning.
A medical exam had showed scratches and bruises on her thighs.
All 12 of the accused made a brief court appearance at a court in the town of Paralimni.
Lawyer Nir Yaslovitzh, who represents two of the accused, said: ‘As I claimed throughout, there was no rape in Cyprus,’
‘The youths who went on a vacation that became a nightmare will return to their homes today. All of them will return home to their families.
‘Cypriot police carried out a professional and thorough investigation.’
Police sources said the woman is suspected of filing a false complaint against the Israelis because they filmed her during the sex acts without her permission.