- Carl Frampton split with Barry McGuigan and now works with Frank Warren
- Former two-weight world champion is targeting massive fights at home
- His next bout will be in Belfast this November with opponent yet to be confirmed
- Frampton said: ‘What I want to do, a dream of mine is to box at Windsor Park’
Carl Frampton’s first contest under new promoter Frank Warren will take place in Belfast in November.
The 30-year-old will fight an unconfirmed opponent on November 18 – his first bout since losing to Leo Santa Cruz in January.
Belfast-born Frampton announced his link-up with Warren on Sunday and will fight at the city’s SSE Arena.
Carl Frampton will fight for the first time under promoter Frank Warren in November
He told a press conference: ‘We’re still looking at opponents, at the stage I’m at now it can’t be a mug. It needs to be a credible opponent. I’m looking at getting the big boys next year.
‘I want to get back to winning ways, push on and hopefully get one of the big boys the fight after this one.
‘What I want to do, and I’ve made it public, is a dream of mine is to box at Windsor Park. We have to wait until end of spring or summer time next year. I think it’s going to happen.
‘I know Frank can help me get that. It’s what I’ve dreamed of since I was a kid. I want to be here as much as possible. There’s not an atmosphere like it, the Belfast atmosphere is always the best.’
Warren can help Frampton achieve his dream of fighting at Windsor Park, says the 30-year-old
The former two-weight world champion split with Barry McGuigan (left) earlier this year
Jamie Conlan, also from Belfast, will face Jerwin Ancajas of the Philippines for the IBF world super-flyweight belt on the same bill.
Frampton split with long-time manager Barry McGuigan in August having turned professional in 2009 under McGuigan’s guidance.
He won the IBF and WBA belts of the world super-bantamweight title before beating Santa Cruz in July 2016 to clinch the WBA featherweight title.
Santa Cruz avenged his defeat in January and Frampton has not fought since. Earlier this year a bout with Andres Gutierrez was pulled at the 11th hour after the Mexican fell in the shower.
He added: ‘I want to put the last year behind me, it was a disastrous year. I lost my first fight and my last one fell through, along with everything else which went on.
‘Santa Cruz is the fight I desperately want, I feel like I’ve got a score to settle.’
After losing to Leo Santa Cruz in the rematch, Frampton is desperate to have the third clash