How to banish dust from your home: Cleaning guru shares her ‘miracle’ solution to prevent and ‘repel’ stubborn build-up all year long
- Aussie cleaning expert has revealed her favourite tip to have a dust-free home
- The mum-of-two uses an all natural home-made solution with pantry ingredients
- She sprays the mixture on a microfibre cloth and wipes dust-prone surfaces
- Some of her fans are sceptical about one ingredient she uses in the solution
Australian cleaning expert Carolina McCauley has revealed her favourite hack for keeping your home dust-free all year round, and it’s made using ingredients you already have.
The Perth-based mum-of-two makes an all-natural dust-repelling solution using five pantry ingredients and applies it to dust prone surfaces.
She mixes water, vinegar, dish soap, olive oil and lemon essential oil to make her cheap anti-dust solution.
Mum-of-two Carolina McCauley has shared her favourite cleaning solution to keep her home dust-free, and it’s made using simple pantry ingredients
The mum mixes water, vinegar, dish soap, olive oil and lemon essential oil to make the dust-repelling solution. She then sprays it on a microfibre cloth and wipes dusty and dust-prone surfaces
The mum mixed two cups of water, a quarter cup of vinegar, one tablespoon of olive oil, three drops of dish soap and a few drops of citrus essential oil in a spray bottle.
She then sprayed the solution on a microfibre cloth and wiped down dusty areas.
The mixture ‘completely removed and repelled dust,’ the mum recommended carrying out the method monthly to have a dust free home.
Carolina’s fans had mixed reviews about the hack – some loved the method and swore by the dust-free solution after trying it whilst others weren’t sure about one ingredient.
‘Thank you, I have been using this now for a couple of months and it works,’ one woman said.
‘This actually helped me to stay dust free, for one more day and I love how the dust also comes off furniture more easily by using the swiffer,’ another commented.
‘Thank you for sharing this! I was literally just googling “how to get rid of dust”. Can’t wait to try this,’ another wrote.
How to keep your home dust free using a home made solution
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 3 drops of dish soap
- a few drops of citrus essential oil
1. Add the ingredients to a spray bottle and mix
2. Spray the solution on a microfibre cloth and clean dusty surfaces
3. Repeat monthly
Other were sceptical about the use of oil in the solution.
‘How does the oil not make the glass and mirrors greasy?’ one woman asked.
‘Stupidity…oil will attract more dust and why would you want to cover your things with oil?’ a man wondered.
Her fans also wondered where the dust would go if the solution repelled it.
‘Where does the repelled dust go?’ another woman asked.
‘This doesn’t work! Tried many times and it just leaves glass streaky and every other surface greasy,’ another commented.
‘I tried it. It picked up the dust but it came right back,’ another wrote.
Other ways to use vinegar to clean your home:
1. Combine equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle to clean windows
2. Combine a few squirts of dish soap in a spray bottle of vinegar to clean shower tiles
3. Add vinegar into the detergent compartments of washing machine to leave the barrel sparkling clean
4. Place the shower head into a bag of vinegar and tie with elastic band to remove any stains from ‘hard water’
Source: Carolina McCauley
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk