The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a free service from the Bank, known as SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking, by which you can perform SBI balance enquiry through SMS, know your mini statement, and more such information just by giving a missed call or sending an SMS from your registered mobile number. You have to insert the predefined keywords in the text message and then send it to the predefined mobile numbers.
This SBI SMS Banking service will allow the SBI account holders to check the account balance, pay utility bills, manage a bank account, and transfer money from anywhere at any time. You must update your mobile number in your bank account so that you can avail of this service. To register for this service, you have to provide SBI cif number, ifsc code sbt and ifsc code SBI.
Let us have a look at the keywords and the number at which you have to send the SMS.
- For SBI balance enquiry through SMS, SMS “BAL” to 09223766666.
- For mini statement, SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666.
- For cheque book request, SMS “CHQREQ” to 09223588888.
- For e-statement, SMS “ESTMT <space>Account Number<space><4 digit code to encrypt the PDF>” to 09223588888.
- For education loan interest certificate, SMS “ELI<space>Account Number<space><4 digit code of account holder’s choice to encrypt the PDF>” to 09223588888.
- For home loan interest certificate, SMS “HLI <space>Account Number<space><4 digit code of account holder’s choice to encrypt the PDF>” to 09223588888.
- For blocking SBI ATM Card, SMS “BLOCK <space> <last four digits of the card number>” to 567676.
- For control ATM card usage, SMS “SWON / SWOFFATM / POS / ECOM / INTL / DOM <space> <last four digits of the card>” to 09223966666.
- For green pin facility, SMS “PIN <space> <last four digits of the debit card> <space> <last four digits of account number linked to the debit card>” to 567676.
- For SBI home loan, SMS “HOME” to 09223588888.
- For SBI car loan, SMS “CAR” to 09223588888.
- For SBI social security schemes, you have to send SMS through SBI Quick Application.
For using this SBI banking system, you have to undergo a one time registration process. For registration, send SMS “REG<space>Account Number” to 09223488888. You have to send this message from the mobile number linked with your SBI account. Once the registration is done, you will receive a confirmation message.
In case, you want to deregister from SBI SMS banking service, you can send an SMS “DREG” to 09223488888. The charges applicable for SMS Banking facility are:
- Premium charges applicable for 6 digit number (567676).
- SMS charges applicable as per customer’s mobile bill plan for 10 digits numbers.
In case you are having a Windows, Android, iOS, or Blackberry phone, you can download the SBI Quick app from the respective App Store in your mobile. You are not required to remember any keywords or destination mobile numbers while using the SBI Quick app. After installing the app, you do not require any internet connection to use SBI Quick, as the communication would be done over SMS or missed call. However, the mobile app is not compulsory for availing this facility.