College student reveals her Costco air fryer BLEW UP after she put it on a heated stove – leaving both appliances in a mangled, melted mess
- Abbey Trbovich, 20, was making a hash brown in a Gourmia air fryer she bought from Costco this week
- She placed it on top of the electric stove and accidentally turned the stove on
- The combination cause the air fryer to combust, destroying both it and the stove
- Abbey said ten firefighters came but that no one was injured
- Most air fryer manuals warn not to put the appliance on top of a stove
An American college student revealed the aftermath of an air fryer explosion after she and her friends left the appliance on top of a hot stove.
Abbey Trbovich, 20, has gone viral on TikTok after sharing video of her melted and mangled air fryer, which ‘blew up’ after being heated by an electric stove.
The incident, which appears to have taken place at her apartment near Michigan State University, required the assistance of ten firefighters and also left her stove completely destroyed.
Whoops! Abbey Trbovich, 20, was making a hash brown in a Gourmia air fryer she bought from Costco this week and it blew up
RIP: She said she was using a Gourmia fryer purchased at Costco when she made the mistake
‘When our Costco air fryer blows up in our apartment,’ Abbey wrote in text over the video, which has been viewed 4.5 million times.
She and her friends are dealing with the aftermath, running a fan to air out the burning smells inside the apartment.
The camera pans over the living room to the kitchen, where her stove and oven unit is a twisted, charred mess.
The entire surface is blanked and distorted, and smoke damage appears on the wall behind it.
The camera moves over to the sink, where the now-useless air fryer is sitting.
The appliance is now unrecognizable, a disfigured heap of melted plastic with exposed wires.
She placed it on top of the electric stove and accidentally turned the stove on. Both the fryer and the stove were completely destroyed
Abbey said ten firefighters came but that no one was injured. Most air fryer manuals warn not to put the appliance on top of a stove
‘You’re done, you’re done,’ a young man’s voice can be heard saying to the unfortunate air fryer.
Abbey was making a hash brown in the air fryer, which she said was Gourmia. She accidentally turned on the stove while the fryer was sitting on top, and the combination caused it to combust.
Manuals for most air fryers warn not to place them on top of the stove.
Fire alarms went off, and many of her neighbors appear to have been impacted by the incident, with several leaving comments on Abbey’s TikTok. Abbey apologized ot each one.
She said ten firefighters came to deal with the small explosion, but that no one was injured,