Colombia 0-2 Chile Copa America 2016 semi-final RESULT: Defending champions win to set up repeat final with Argentina
- Charles Aranguiz prodded current champions Chile ahead early on
- Chile doubled their lead after 11 minutes through Jose Pedro Fuenzalida
- Second half was delayed for almost three hours due to a thunderstorm
- Carlos Sanchez was sent off for Colombia following a second yellow card
- Colombia: Ospina, Arias, Cristian Zapata, Murillo, Fabra, Sanchez, Torres, Cuadrado, Rodriguez, Cardona, Martinez
- Chile: Bravo, Isla, Medel, Jara, Beausejour, Aranguiz, Silva, Hernandez, Fuenzalida, Vargas, Sanchez
- Colombia faced Chile in the second Copa America semi on Wednesday
- The two sides were bidding to reach the final against Argentina
- CLICK HERE to read Sportsmail’s Rik Sharma full match report
Chile beat Colombia and a two-and-a-half hour break during an electrical storm to reach the Copa America Centenario final, where they face Argentina for the second year running.
Last year’s champions were convincing winners in Chicago, although they were made to wait for victory after racing into a two-goal lead, after lightning, heavy rain and the threat of tornados forced the players to stay inside after half-time, while fans took shelter in the stadium.
‘Dangerous weather is approaching. Seek shelter immediately,’ read ominous messages shown on the big screens at Soldier Field, so supporters headed to the concourses to drink and sing while the Windy City rode the storm out.
CLICK HERE to read Sportsmail’s Rik Sharma’s match report in full.