News, Culture & Society

Convicted torturer ‘gets within feet of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis’

Kensington Palace launches security review ‘after convicted torturer gets within feet of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis’

A convicted torturer reportedly boasted of how ‘pleasant’ Prince George was after coming within feet of the future king at Kensington Palace.

Darren Benjamin, who was jailed for seven years in 2008, was delivering furniture on July 14 when he saw the young prince with Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, reports the Sun.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children were reportedly in the courtyard with their nanny Maria Teresa Borrallo at the time.

Kensington palace has launched a security review in the wake of the incident. 

Benjamin had been working as a driver for an independent company when he entered the courtyard earlier this month.

Darren Benjamin, who was jailed for seven years in 2008, reportedly got within feet of Prince George in a huge security breach

Benjamin even bragged to friends about how 'pleasant' the future king, seven, is after the encounter on July 14

Benjamin even bragged to friends about how ‘pleasant’ the future king, seven, is after the encounter on July 14

A palace aide told the Sun: ‘As soon as it was brought to our attention an urgent security review was launched to check the current systems and procedures are appropriate.

‘Pending the outcome there will be a refined level of risk assessment for those entering.’  

Benjamin was convicted in 2008 for his part in the torture of Anthony Powell in Wolverhampton.

He, and two other men, all in ski masks, stabbed him in the leg and poured boiling water down his back before beating him, reports the Kilburn Times.

The gang tortured him for 20 minutes asking about a BMW Z4 which the victim knew nothing about. 

A source said: ‘It’s chilling as he has been boasting to friends about just how close he came to our future king and the other Cambridge children.

‘His friends were shocked that he was able to get into the Palace and within touching distance of royalty given his past.’ 

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: ‘All deliveries to the Royal estates operate under strict guidelines. This involves admittance of known consignments only, ID check on entry and escorting, at all times, of the driver and vehicle. 

‘All deliveries are completed with oversight from Police Officers and Security Staff.’ 

Kensington palace has launched a security review after a convicted torturer reportedly came within feet of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis (pictured together at Louis' christening last year)

Kensington palace has launched a security review after a convicted torturer reportedly came within feet of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis (pictured together at Louis’ christening last year) 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.