How to make the PERFECT sandwich: Foodie wows with her delicious salad creation – complete with lashings of avocado, hummus and beetroot
- A Sydney foodie has stunned TikTok viewers with her perfect vegan sandwich
- ‘Cooking With Ayeh’ has revealed tips on picking perfect ingredients
- ‘You don’t need to be vegan to love this easy Vegan Sandwich’, says Ayeh Far
- Ayeh has also revealed her recipe for how to make the crispiest roast potatoes
TikTok foodie ‘Cooking With Ayeh’ has been praised by thousands of viewers with a recipe for what she has described as ‘the perfect sandwich’.
Ayeh Far, a Sydney based cook with over 818,000 followers, has done it again with her quick and easy lunch staple that everyone will enjoy.
‘I’m not kidding when I say it’s one of the best sandwiches I’ve made in so long’, Ayeh said.
TikTok foodie ‘ Cooking With Ayeh ‘ is a Sydney based cook that has stunned thousands of viewers with the perfect sandwich using vegan ingredients
Ayeh says avocado is nice and creamy and can replace the need to add a sauce, butter or mayonnaise to a sandwich
To begin, prepare your ingredients by grating beetroot, slicing cucumber and tomato into thin slices. Ayeh prefers to use Persian or Lebanese cucumbers as they’re less watery and crisp.
Next, smash your avocado, make sure to season after smashing. ‘It’s so nice and creamy and replaces the need to add a sauce, butter or mayonnaise’, says Ayeh.
Then, choose the bread you desire and toast it, Ayeh uses wholegrain sourdough as it’s high in protein and her favorite.
Ayeh Far has not only gained TikTok attention over her sensational sandwich making skills, but also over exceptionally crispy baked potatoes
Now you’re ready to assemble, spread hummus generously to one slice of bread, then layer with cucumber, tomato and season.
Finally add alfa sprouts, grated beetroot, lettuce and spread on that smashed avocado to the other slice of bread, slice down the middle and you’re done.
‘Trust me when I say, you don’t need to be vegan to love this easy Vegan Sandwich’, says Ayeh.
Recipe: Ayeh Far’s Easy Vegan Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices tomato
- Handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 butter lettuce leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp hummus
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1/4 beetroot
- 1/4 avocado
- If making your own hummus, prepare this first
2. Grate the beetroot using a box grater, my tip is to wear gloves
3. Smash the avocado with a fork and season. Slice the tomato and cucumber into thin slices
4. Toast the sourdough and spread the hummus to one piece
5. Then layer with cucumber, tomato slices and season. Follow with alfalfa sprouts, grated beetroot, and top with the lettuce leaf
6. Spread the smashed avocado to the other piece of bread. Close the sandwich up and slice in half.
7. Enjoy your fresh and colourful Vegan Sandwich!
Source: Cooking With Ayeh
Ayeh Far has not only gained TikTok attention over her sensational sandwich making skills, but also over exceptionally crispy baked potatoes.
Ayeh has recommended on Instagram that if you love potatoes just as much as she does, you have to try these!
The Sydney cook’s crispy baked potatoes TikTok has received over 400,000 views and over 30,000 likes.
How to make Ayeh’s famous roast potatoes
Ayeh tops her potatoes with an infused garlic rosemary olive oil, which both tastes and smells ‘heavenly’ (pictured)
- Potatoes (either white, Maris Piper, Russet, Yukon Gold or Sebago)
- Olive oil
- Baking soda
- Salt and pepper to season
1. Wash and cut potatoes into similar size chunks (around one inch).
2. Pre-heat oven to 230 degrees Celsius or 450 degrees Farenheit and parboil potatoes with sea salt and baking soda added to the water.
3. When potatoes are fork tender, drain through a colander and give it a shake to roughen the edges.
4. Add some olive oil to an oven dish. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Give it a shake, so the potatoes are coated with the oil and seasoning, then put into the oven.
5. Grate garlic cloves in a small ramekin. Add olive oil and mix together with a rosemary sprig. Leave the rosemary tip in the ramekin to infuse the oil.
6. After 30-40 minutes, remove potatoes from the oven and shake around. Using the rosemary sprig, brush on the garlic oil over the potatoes.
7. Tear over the rosemary leaves and place them back in the oven for 20 -30 minutes (depending on oven strength) until they are nice and crispy.
Source: Cooking with Ayeh
‘These Crispy Roasted Potatoes are one of my favourite ways to eat potatoes! They’re so crispy on the outside and soft in the middle’.
Ayeh believes these crispy roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal or roast dinner.
‘They’re topped with an infused garlic rosemary olive oil which smells and tastes heavenly! I could literally eat the whole dish on my own hehe’, says Ayeh Far.