Corrie’s Sue Cleaver, 59, reveals she was rushed to ICU after emergency surgery as she hits back at claims she used weight loss pills: ‘I wasn’t on a diet, I have been seriously ill’

Corrie’s Sue Cleaver, 59, reveals she was rushed to ICU after emergency surgery as she hits back at claims she used weight loss pills: ‘I wasn’t on a diet, I have been seriously ill’

Sue Cleaver has revealed she was rushed into intensive care after undergoing emergency surgery. 

The Coronation Street star, 59, spoke out about the ‘scary, scary’ time during an appearance on Thursday’s Loose Women, also revealing she had a hysterectomy in March. 

She was keen to share her health woes with viewers after diet companies used her image without consent while claiming she had lost weight using their gummies. 

Speaking about her ordeal, she said: ‘I had a really bad year. I had a hysterectomy in March. Then a few weeks ago, I ended up in A&E, I don’t need to go into details, but I have not been on a diet this year. I have been seriously ill. 

‘It was a scary scary time. I had surgery and ended up in intensive care. There is no diet, there are no gummies. These companies pray on vulnerable people all the time.’

Health woes: Sue Cleaver has revealed she was rushed into intensive care after undergoing emergency surgery

It’s not clear if the surgery was related to her hysterectomy. 

Last week, Sue alerted her 148,000 Instagram followers to the scam, apologising to anyone who had believed she was promoting it. 

In the clip, she shared: ‘I’m really, really sad that I have to actually make this video. But, I’ve had quite a lot of messages over the last couple of weeks asking me about… keto dummies. 

‘There is obviously some scam going around saying that I lost weight using keto gummies. Dummies? I dunno. Well, it’s c**p. It’s a scam. And if you’ve been taken in by it, I am so, so sorry.’

Sue previously revealed the secret to her incredible weight loss transformation after she dropped three stone as part of a lifestyle overhaul.

Speaking to Kaye Adams on her How to be 60 podcast, Sue explained: ‘In the pandemic we all over-did things. I spent a lot of it drinking lots of lovely red wine and I put on a lot of weight doing it.

‘Then I did dry January and I thought. “I wonder what life would be like if I stopped completely?”‘

The actress added her husband Brian Owen, shares different views and ‘love pub culture.’

‘It was my idea of hell when I drank and especially now that I don’t drink,’ she said.

Last year, Sue insisted she’s ‘not obsessed over diets’ as she reflected on the unfair expectations placed on women while covering the March issue of Prima magazine.

The Coronation Street star displayed her slimmed-down figure in a glamorous new shoot to accompany the interview as she declared she would never promote any weight-related products as women have ‘enough difficulties as it is’.

On not being embroiled in diet culture she told the publication: ‘I lost some weight in the jungle, but I’m not obsessing over diets: life is hard enough!

‘There’s always going to be outside pressure and unfair expectations placed on women, but I refuse to get pulled into it.

‘That’s why I’ll never promote anything weight-related, and it’s why I’d always rather compliment somebody on their smile or their outfit, rather than their weight.’

She continued: ‘Let’s just let women be women – we have enough difficulties and struggles as it is.’

Sue, 59, previously revealed the secret to her incredible weight loss transformation after she dropped three stone as part of a lifestyle overhaul

The Coronation Street star admitted that she 'over-did red wine' during the pandemic and pilled on the pounds' (pictured in 2006)

Amazing: Sue, 59, previously revealed the secret to her incredible weight loss transformation after she dropped three stone (pictured left this year and right in 2006)

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk