News, Culture & Society

Cotton On recalls portable chargers over electric shock and fire fears

Cotton On recalls portable chargers over fears they could cause an electric shock, or overheat and catch fire

  • Retailer Cotton On has issues a recall for a number of it’s portable chargers 
  • The portable batteries can overheat and catch fire while charging up
  • Cotton On has asked people to stop using and return the devices for a refund 

Popular retailer Cotton On has issued a recall on its portable chargers after the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) ruled they are prone to electric shock and catching fire. 

The recall, announced on Friday, affects a number of the pocket sized devices that were sold between October 2018 and January 2019 sold at Cotton On and Cotton On Body stores.

The devices are prone to overheating while in use which the ACCC said is not consistent with safety standards. 

Cotton on has been forced to recall its portable charges over fears they could burst into flames. The devices affected are listed with style numbers 419501 and 419502 and colour code 01-23

The devices affected are listed with style numbers 419501 and 419502 and colour code 01-23. The information can be found on the packaging.

The portable chargers features various slogans and colours such as ‘oh what fun’ and ‘feminist’. 

The company has sold the devices both online and through its physical stores.

The popular fashion retailer announced the recall on Friday through its social media

The popular fashion retailer announced the recall on Friday through its social media

Cotton On announced the fault on its social media, asking customers to immediately stop using the device and return it to their nearest store.  

‘The product can be returned at any @cottononbody @cottonon @rubi_anz store for a refund or exchange,’ Cotton On said on its social media.

‘This is the only product affected and we do not have any concerns around the other items in our range.’

The ACCC declared the devices were prone to fire and electric shock  and did not comply with safety standards

The ACCC declared the devices were prone to fire and electric shock  and did not comply with safety standards

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.