Devastated dad gets a secret paternity test after discovering his girlfriend of eight years cheated on him throughout their entire relationship
- Devastated dad has taken a paternity test after discovering girlfriend cheated
- He found out she was having multiple affairs during their eight-year relationship
- The man decided to carry out a DNA test to ensure he was the biological father
- The test confirmed he’s the father but he’s devastated about her cheating
A devastated dad-of-two has taken a paternity test after discovering his girlfriend cheated on him throughout their eight-year relationship.
The man decided to carry out a secret DNA test to ensure he was the biological father of the two children he shared with his unfaithful partner.
‘I recently found out my girlfriend of eight years has been cheating on me from the very beginning of our relationship. I found out by snooping. I just tested the paternity of the our two children and I am the father,’ he wrote on Reddit.
‘It has been the worst experience of my life. I want to leave and I want to stay. I know this will not change. She did such a good job of hiding it or I am plain stupid.’
A devastated dad-of-two has taken a paternity test after discovering his girlfriend cheated on him throughout their eight-year relationship (stock image)
When he confronted his girlfriend, she claimed she ‘doesn’t remember anything’.
‘It’s one of the dumbest things I’ve literally ever heard in my life,’ he said.
‘She claims that she wants to be with me forever and that she loves me. I don’t make much money, I don’t have very nice things, and so on.
‘If I’m so worthless to her that she cheated on me from the beginning and pretty much all the way through, why didn’t she just leave me? I just don’t get it.’
The man said he has ‘nothing to offer her’ and he can’t wrap his head around why she couldn’t just end their relationship so she could sleep with whoever she wants.
‘It isn’t like I babysit while she goes out sleeping with other people either,’ he said.
‘I’m still in shock. It is so hard to believe this is the person she really is. She played me for so long. She spends most of her time with me. That’s a part of how it blindsided me so badly. She is definitely living two different lives.’
Signs of a once off cheater
* They will tell you they love you a lot more but not show it
* They will have moments of guilt and buy you unexpected gifts
* They will take you to nice places but the conversation is stifled
* They put uncharacteristic distance down to being ‘stressed at work’
* They daydream a lot
Signs of a serial cheater
* They are harder to detect because they have mastered their craft
* They go out of their way to tell you that their ex was insecure and that they have friends of the opposite sex
* They get defensive when you ask about their night
* They will confess their undying love for you and in the same breath suggest you get help as you are ruining the relationship with your insecurities
The dad said he even suggested being in an open relationship – but she refused.
‘She doesn’t want me to have anyone. Only she has the right to be with others. I don’t want an open relationship, but I would’ve at least tried it if she obliged,’ he said.
After sharing his dilemma, many urged the man to end his ‘toxic’ relationship or he’ll ‘end up leaving later and regretting not leaving sooner’.
‘Don’t stay for the kids, it is an excuse you are trying to find to stay but it’s a bad one. A toxic household is worse than two normal household,’ one wrote.
Another said: ‘They want the excitement of cheating and the reassurance and security of a relationship – that’s all it is. No commitment, and if they don’t like it, at least she has you at home, that is until they find somebody that’s better.’
Others shared their own stories of finding out their spouses were cheating on them.
‘They target a single person they can use as a fall back, while still getting the thrill of sleeping with multiple people. That is my cheating wife in a nutshell. I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s an absolute narcissist,’ one man wrote.