From a peck on the forehead to a ‘slobbery’ pash: Dating coach lists the seven types of kisses and what they say about your relationship
- An Australian dating coach has revealed the seven types of kisses
- Debbie Rivers of Dare 2 Date told FEMAIL what they say about your relationship
- A forehead kiss is similar to a cheek kiss and is more ‘friend zone’ than passion
- Kisses on the neck or stomach are erotic and represent sexual attraction
The type of kiss you and your partner engage in can say a lot about the relationship.
Australian dating coach Debbie Rivers of Dare 2 Date revealed the seven types of kisses and what they potentially mean.
She explained a peck on the cheek or forehead has an element of power, while the neck or stomach represent something more erotic.
‘A forehead kiss comes in the same category as a cheek kiss, and is more ‘friend zone’ than passion,’ Debbie tells FEMAIL.
Revealed: An Australian dating coach explains the seven types of kisses and what they say about your relationship (stock image)
Debbie’s ‘Dating Blueprint’
* Start with online dating
* Create a profile with pictures that represent the best version of you
* Look at what dating websites are available, and the types of men you want to attract
* Join only the ones that you feel will work best for you
* Make a list of places in your area that single men your age frequent
* Be ready to flirt and meet your match
* Write out a list of people you know, as well as friends and family
* Ask them to set you up with any single men they know
* Lastly, be consistent. You can meet a lot of good men if you work at it
1. FOREHEAD KISS
A forehead kiss is something you might give a child and is not an intimate or passionate kiss.
‘In the child/parent relationship, it’s about caring, but there is a power dynamic attached to it,’ Debbie says.
‘This kiss comes in the same category as a cheek kiss and is more “friend zone” or care zone than passion.’
2. STOMACH KISS
A kiss on the stomach represents intimacy and sexual attraction, and often leads to more erotic places.
‘It’s a definite that they are comfortable being with you,’ Debbie explains. ‘It’s not likely to happen during a casual one night stand as they will be more interested in other things.’
3. NECK KISS
A neck kiss is highly erotic and a clear sign of sexual attraction in the relationship.
‘Often in long-term relationships the neck kiss is something that falls by the wayside. It’s a very sensitive spot that is about passion,’ Debbie says.
Intimate: Debbie Rivers of Dare 2 Date (pictured) tells FEMAIL that stomach and neck kisses are more erotic and represent sexual attraction
4. CHEEK KISS
The cheek says more about friendship than passion, Debbie notes.
‘It can be more of a going through the motions type of action, than about being connected and in the moment,’ she explained.
However Debbie says that the meaning can be different if it forms a trail of kisses.
5. ALL OVER THE BODY
‘This is an indication of passion, connection and being into each other,’ Debbie says.
Wanting to touch each part of your partner is very intimate and about connection, and the sign of a healthy relationship.
Caring nature: Debbie says that a forehead kiss falls in the same category as a cheek kiss, and is more ‘friend zone’ or care zone than passion (stock image)
Why feeling the spark straight away can be a mistake
* It’s possible to have a slow-burning chemistry
* You might feel no spark on the first date, but by the fourth there’s a connection
* Give the nice guy a chance if he is pursuing you
* Slow-burning chemistry is great as it allows you the chance to get to know each other better
Source: Debbie Rivers of Dare 2 Date
6. DEEP AND PASSIONATE KISS
There is nothing more intimate than a deep and passionate kiss, Debbie notes.
‘It’s about not being able to keep your hands off the person, and wanting to be as close as possible to them,’ she said.
Debbie says that this type of kiss is intimate, genuine, shows connection, and not something you can fake.
7. SLOBBERY KISS
If this is a new relationship, Debbie suggests going about teaching your partner how to kiss.
‘If you really like them I would recommend teaching them how to kiss through actions,’ she says.
‘You may need to have a chat about it as kissing is such a wonderful part of a healthy relationship.’