News, Culture & Society

Deborah Hutton’s ex-boyfriend has mental breakdow

The ex-boyfriend of Australian model and media icon Deborah Hutton has suffered a mental breakdown after he was accused of allegedly setting up a fake break-in at her beachside home, a court has heard. 

Robert Venour Dulhunty’s lawyer Bryan Wrench appeared in Waverley Local Court on Thursday and said his client was ‘seeking help’ after suffering the mental breakdown, Daily Telegraph reported. 

Mr Wrench told the court that his 49-year-old client ‘was having some issues’.

‘He doesn’t represent any danger, he just needs treatment,’ he said. 

The ex-boyfriend (left) of Australian model and media icon Deborah Hutton has suffered a mental breakdown

Robert Venour Dulhunty's lawyer Bryan Wrench appeared in Waverley Local Court on Thursday and said his client was 'seeking help' after suffering the mental breakdown

Robert Venour Dulhunty’s lawyer Bryan Wrench appeared in Waverley Local Court on Thursday and said his client was ‘seeking help’ after suffering the mental breakdown

An AVO has been taken out against Dulhunty who allegedly planted a bag of condoms and restraints inside the multimillion-dollar home they shared in Bronte, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.

Police alleged Dulhunty called triple zero claiming he confronted an attempted attacker outside the home shortly after 6am on August 8, the Daily Telegraph reported.

He allegedly told police the attacker left behind a number of items, with investigators later finding condoms and an apparatus used to restrain someone.

It is also alleged that he made it look like a break-in to intimidate her into not ending their relationship.

Police initially believed Ms Hutton, 56, had been targeted by a celebrity stalker, but nine days later they were led back to Dulhunty.

She spoke out about the incident for the first time on her website, saying she was ‘surrounded by friends and family’.

In a statement posted to her Balance by Deborah Hutton website, staff said she was ‘shocked and devastated by the situation as it evolved’.

‘We can confirm she is now safe and working with the police on resolving this matter and letting the legal process take its due course,’ the statement said.

‘Deborah is surrounded by friends and family, and we trust the Balance community will also support her through this difficult time.

The case was adjourned to November 9.  

She spoke out about the incident for the first time on her website, saying she was 'surrounded by friends and family'

She spoke out about the incident for the first time on her website, saying she was ‘surrounded by friends and family’

Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.