Disgraced Prince Andrew ‘spent three days locked in ‘intense talks’ with the Queen about his future’

Disgraced Prince Andrew ‘spent three days locked in “intense talks” with the Queen at Balmoral about his future’ after he was stripped of HRH status over Jeffrey Epstein scandal

  • Duke of York, 62, was first relative to visit Queen, 96, at start of Scotland break
  • He desperately wants a new position to see out his days, according to reports
  • Source said he ‘knows he has let his mother down badly’ but wants a route back 

Prince Andrew spent three days locked in ‘intense talks’ with the Queen about his future, sources have claimed, as he desperately seeks a ‘route back’ to royal life after he was stripped of his HRH status over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal. 

The Duke of York, 62, is said to have been the only family member to visit the monarch, 96, at the start of her Balmoral break in the Scottish Highlands this month. 

The head of state had weeks earlier rejected her second-eldest son’s bid to have his royal roles reinstated, but he now wants a new position to see out his days, reports the Sun on Sunday.  

His royal career ended in disgrace after he was forced to pay millions of pounds in an out-of-court settlement to his sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre. 

She claimed he sexually abused her three times in 2001 when she was 17 after being trafficked by paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing. 

A friend of Andy’s told the Sun: ‘He is a 62-year-old man and knows that he can’t spend the rest of his days ­sitting around at Royal Lodge in Windsor, walking his dogs and ­riding horses.

‘He’s thinking about what he can do. He has had discussions with the Queen about what he can do with his life. But there are also wider family discussions.’

The Duke of York (pictured), 62, is said to have been the only family member to visit the monarch, 96, at the start of her Balmoral break in the Scottish Highlands this month

The Queen stripped Andrew (pictured together in March) of his military and charitable affiliations, as well as stopping him from using his HRH title

The Queen stripped Andrew (pictured together in March) of his military and charitable affiliations, as well as stopping him from using his HRH title

Another source added that he ‘knows he let his mother down badly’, but ‘he hasn’t been convicted of a crime’ and ‘wants to try to establish a route back.’

They added: ‘He’s hoping the Queen can influence Prince Charles and Prince William, who see no way back for him.’

Andrew’s daughters and their families, Prince Edward, wife Sophie and their two children, and Charles and Camilla have since visited the Queen in Scotland. 

MailOnline has contacted a representative for Andrew for comment. 

It comes after it was revealed earlier this month that the prince will continue having taxpayer-funded, round-the-clock police protection after a full review of his security by the Metropolitan Police and Home Office.

The review was revealed in January after the Queen stripped him of his military and charitable affiliations, as well as stopping him from using his HRH title.

He later agreed to a significant financial settlement with Virginia Giuffre, who brought a legal case against him in the US.

The settlement was originally claimed to cost £12million but reports last weekend asserted Andrew’s lawyers negotiated a cut-price deal between £3million to £5million. 

The Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures assessed the security threat against Andrew but concluded he was still entitled to police bodyguards, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Andrew will continue to have a personal protection officer whenever he leaves his home. The 30-room Royal Lodge on the Queen’s Windsor estate has permanent security arrangements.

It was revealed earlier this month that the prince will continue having taxpayer-funded, round-the-clock police protection after a full review of his security by the Metropolitan Police and Home Office

It was revealed earlier this month that the prince will continue having taxpayer-funded, round-the-clock police protection after a full review of his security by the Metropolitan Police and Home Office

Andrew no longer undertakes official royal duties. The current day-to-day activities of the disgraced prince are unknown beyond horse riding and regular visits to the Queen. 

The official royal security of Andrew’s daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, was removed several years ago while other non-working royals, including Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, do not receive such arrangements as adults.

Andrew’s security is estimated to cost the public purse between £2million and £3million annually.

Scotland Yard said it does not comment on the protection of the Royal Family. Buckingham Palace declined to comment and Andrew’s team did not respond.

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk