Dr. Dre to pay $100 MILLION to ex-wife Nicole Young as they settle divorce… and the rapper is ‘delighted’ she’s ‘only’ getting fraction of his $820M fortune
- Dr. Dre and ex-wife Nicole Young have reached a divorce settlement
- The rapper will pay Young $50 million now and the same amount in one year
- The former NWA member has an incredible fortune valued at $820 million
- Young had been seeking half of Dre’s assets but was stymied by a prenup
- Dre will keep the rights to his master recordings
- His ex won’t receive spousal support and is on the hook for her legal fees
- Young filed for divorce in June 2020, and it was finalized this December
Dr. Dre will be forced to pay $100 million to his ex-wife Nicole Young after the couple finalized a divorce settlement.
The 56-year-old rapper is ‘delighted’ to have managed to ‘only’ pay what amounts to a fraction of his $820 million fortune, TMZ reported on Tuesday.
The former NWA member’s 51-year-old ex had originally been seeking half of his assets, but she was stymied by a prenuptial agreement that the former couple had signed.
Payday: Dr. Dre, 56, will have to pay his ex-wife Nicole Young (R) $100 million as part of their newly filed divorce settlement, TMZ reported on Tuesday; seen in 2018 in Los Angeles
Under the agreement, Dre will be able to split up his massive payments, with Young receiving $50 million now and another $50 million in one year.
The terms of the settlement appear to be favorable to the hip hop icon, and he will also be keeping seven properties that the former couple shared.
He’ll be holding on to their home in Malibu, as well as two properties in Calabasas and four more in Los Angeles, including a mansion in the city’s tony Brentwood neighborhood worth $100 million.
Young also was unable to chip away at his music money, and he’ll keep the rights to his lucrative master recordings.
Favorable: Dre will retain seven of the couple’s properties, including a $100 million Brentwood mansion, and he’ll keep the rights to his master recordings; seen in 2014 in Sacramento, Calif.