News, Culture & Society

Dramatic video shows e-cigarette exploding in man’s pocket in Anaheim

Dramatic security video captures the moment an e-cigarette explodes inside a man’s pocket as he tries to buy a TV

  • Mohamad Abdihdy, 24, was shopping for a TV at a HDTV Outlet store in Anaheim on Saturday when his e-cigarette exploded
  • Store’s security cameras captured the moment the device burst into flames 
  • The blast ripped a hole in his pants as he desperately tried to fan away the flames
  • Store manager said he had to rush to put out the ignited device 

Security cameras from inside a California television store have captured the dramatic moment an e-cigarette exploded inside a customer’s pocket. 

Mohamad Abdihdy, 24, was measuring a TV he was about to buy inside a HDTV Outlet store in Anaheim on Saturday when the explosion happened. 

Footage showed him inspecting the TV just moments before his pocket burst into flames. 

Mohamad Abdihdy, 24, was measuring a TV he was about to buy inside a HDTV Outlet store in Anaheim on Saturday when the explosion happened

The blast ripped a hole in his pants.

Abdihdy was captured on camera desperately trying to fan away the flames as he ran to a nearby bathroom to treat his wounds.

He told NBC that he felt a shock in the pocket where his e-cigarette was before it started to burn him. 

‘Basically, it blew up in my pocket,’ he said. 

Footage showed him inspecting the TV just moments before his pocket burst into flames

Footage showed him inspecting the TV just moments before his pocket burst into flames

Abdihdy was captured on camera desperately trying to fan away the flames as he ran to a nearby bathroom to treat his wounds

Abdihdy was captured on camera desperately trying to fan away the flames as he ran to a nearby bathroom to treat his wounds

Store manager Antelmolare Guzman said he had to rush to put out the ignited device as the customer ran screaming. 

He said the store smelled of burnt skin.  

‘Apparently, all of his right leg was completely burnt all the way down. Part of his private parts were also kind of affected with the whole fire thing,’ Guzman said.

Abdihdy said he didn’t go to the hospital and opted to go to the pharmacy instead to treat his burns. 

‘I can’t walk on my leg, honestly,’ he said. ‘That’s how much I’m in pain.’

The blast ripped a hole in his pants and he ran to the nearest bathroom to treat his burning leg

The blast ripped a hole in his pants and he ran to the nearest bathroom to treat his burning leg

Advertisement

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.