News, Culture & Society

EastEnders actress Tracy-Ann Oberman Max Stafford-Clark

EastEnders actress Tracy-Ann Oberman has claimed theatre director Max Stafford-Clark made inappropriate comments to her while the pair worked together.

Ms Oberman said Mr Stafford-Clark, who was accused of making inappropriate and sexualised comments towards three women last week, told her he wanted to have a threesome with her and ‘implied an affair with a high-profile director’ would ‘rocket’ her career. 

Writing in the Guardian, she said: ‘He once decided he had to whisper an acting note in my ear instead of out loud in front of the company as is the norm. His note was to stand still and fake a 10/10 orgasm. I made a mental note not to be on my own with him in a room.’  

Writing in the Guardian, she said: 'He once decided he had to whisper an acting note in my ear instead of out loud in front of the company as is the norm. His note was to stand still and fake a 10/10 orgasm. I made a mental note not to be on my own with him in a room'

Ms Oberman has said Mr Stafford-Clark told her he wanted to have a threesome with her and ‘implied an affair with a high-profile director’ would ‘rocket’ her career 

The actress, who has starred in Friday Night Dinner and written several sketch series for BBC Radio 4, claims the ‘humiliating and disconcerting’ comments were made in 1992.

The newspaper has said a further two women have claimed Mr Stafford-Clark made ‘inappropriate, sexualised comments to them in the 80s and 90s’. 

Last week, it was revealed Mr Stafford-Clark, 76, left London’s Out of Joint theatre company in September following complaints from three women.

Gina Abolins, 29, a production assistant, claimed Mr Stafford-Clark asked her to try on a bikini and encouraged her to have casual sex so she could tell him about it.

Max Stafford-Clark, 76, left London’s Out of Joint theatre company last month after he reportedly made inappropriate and sexualised comments towards three women

Max Stafford-Clark, 76, left London’s Out of Joint theatre company last month after he reportedly made inappropriate and sexualised comments towards three women

At the time, his spokesperson apologised on behalf of the director and said his ‘disinhibited’ behaviour was a result of his stroke. 

Mr Stafford-Clark married his third wife Stella in 2010 and has a daughter, Kitty, from his second marriage. He has used a wheelchair and walking stick since 2006 when he suffered a stroke. 

The director, who was the longest-serving artistic director of London’s Royal Court theatre, co-founded Out of Joint, a small touring company, with producer Sonia Friedman in 1993.

The newspaper has said a further two women have claimed Mr Stafford-Clark made 'inappropriate, sexualised comments to them in the 80s and 90s'

The newspaper has said a further two women have claimed Mr Stafford-Clark made ‘inappropriate, sexualised comments to them in the 80s and 90s’

He started his career at the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh and also co-founded the Joint Stock Theatre Company in 1974.

Under Mr Stafford-Clark’s leadership, Out of Joint has championed playwrights such as Caryl Churchill, April De Angelis and Richard Bean, and enjoyed sold-out runs at the National Theatre.

The MailOnline has contacted a representative for Mr Stafford-Clark for comment about Ms Oberman’s claims. 

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk


Comments are closed.