Man dies from severe burns after hazard-reduction burn-off goes horribly wrong
- Property owner dies in planned burn gone wrong
- Forbes man set fire in his paddock, became trapped
An elderly man has died from severe burns after a hazard-reduction burn-off went horribly wrong.
The 75-year-old man died from severe burns after he became trapped in one of his paddocks in Forbes, in the Central West region of NSW, at 11.30am on Saturday.
The man had lit the fire with the help of the NSW Rural Fire Service and family members.
An elderly property owner has died when a hazard-reduction burn-off went tragically wrong
Emergency services rushed to The Bogan Way in Forbes at about 11.30am after receiving the distress call. The man was airlifted to Sydney but died there on Saturday night
Emergency services rushed to his property along The Bogan Way after receiving the distress call.
Paramedics and Rural Fire Service members treated him at the scene.
He was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney where he died on Saturday night.
Although a crime scene has been established at the property the circumstances are not believed to be suspicious.
But a forensics team from Central West Police are investigating and a report will be prepared for the coroner.
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk