A 28-year-old entrepreneur and mum has revealed how she went from packing crystals in her lounge room at midnight to heading up a crystal empire that turns over $700,000 per month.
Hayley de Angelis, from Melbourne, said she stumbled upon the idea of spirituality and alternative healing remedies at the age of 24 when she was at a low point in her life.
She soon realised how much power and strength she drew from reading self-help books and carrying specific crystals around in her pocket, and how useful they could be for other people too.
‘I decided what I really wanted to do was source crystals from around the world and sell them to other people,’ Hayley told FEMAIL.
‘Every single product I have created through Cleanse & Co helps me on a daily basis and I just wanted to share that with others.’
A 28-year-old entrepreneur (pictured) revealed how she went from packing crystals in her lounge room at midnight to heading up a crystal empire that turns over $700,000 per month
Hayley de Angelis, from Melbourne, stumbled upon the idea of spirituality and alternative healing remedies at age 24 when she was at a personally low point (her crystals pictured)
The 28-year-old sources everything from rose quartz (pictured) to jade and howlite from countries including China, Brazil, Africa and Madagascar
The 28-year-old sources everything from rose quartz to jade and howlite from countries including China, Brazil, Africa and Madagascar.
But while Cleanse & Co is now hugely popular, Hayley’s crystal empire had very humble beginnings.
‘I started my business by supplying my crystals to a nearby store and working out of the lounge room,’ Hayley told FEMAIL.
‘I would finish my full-time job and be packing orders until midnight most nights.
‘By the time I’d finish, my apartment in South Melbourne would look like a bombsite.’
While Hayley (pictured) started her business from her lounge room, she has since gone on to sell $700,000 worth of crystals per month
The most popular items are the crystal-infused candles (pictured), of which Cleanse & Co sell 200 + per day
Demand for Cleanse & Co’s unique items grew quickly, and Hayley soon moved into packing orders from her garage (her crystals pictured)
Demand for Cleanse & Co’s unique items grew quickly, and Hayley soon moved into packing orders from her garage.
‘We grew very quickly,’ the 28-year-old said.
It wasn’t long before there was enough demand to launch a website, and Hayley now employs an impressive 20 people.
‘It’s only recently that I’ve taken a moment to sit back and see the size of the business,’ Hayley said.
‘It’s always been so much fun for me buying and selling crystals and making candles, so the finances and status of the business were never much of a thought in the early days.
‘We are currently hitting $700,000 in sales a month, so I hope to blow it out of the water and make $8million next year.’
Hayley (pictured) said it’s only recently that she has taken a moment to sit back and have a look at what she has achieved with the Cleanse & Co business
On Cleanse & Co’s website, shoppers can find everything from crystal-soaked bath washes to special healing kits (pictured) designed for different things
What are the three crystals everyone should own?
* ROSE QUARTZ: Love and self-love.
* CLEAR QUARTZ: Cleansing energy.
* HOWLITE: Stress and anxiety.
On Cleanse & Co’s website, shoppers can find everything from crystal-soaked bath washes to infused candles, crystal towers and mini ‘healing kits’.
‘The most popular items are the crystal infused candles,’ Hayley said, admitting they sell 200 plus per day.
The candles cost $59 each and feature everything from orange calcite for power to amazonite for balance.
‘If you’re looking to get into crystals, there are three stones which are great starts,’ Hayley said.
‘The first is rose quartz, as everyone needs love and self love in their life and who doesn’t need a pink rock?’
The second stone is a clear quartz, which gives you ‘cleansing energy and can be styled well in a home’.
‘The third stone everyone needs is howlite, which is fantastic for stress and anxiety,’ Hayley said.
‘It’s like carrying around a little safety blanket in your pocket!’
The 28-year-old said she thinks her business has struck a chord with thousands of others because all of her followers on Instagram ‘feel as though they have a best friend in us’
When it comes to what is next for the business, Hayley explained she has big plans:
‘In 2021, I’d like to get into monthly healing subscription boxes,’ Hayley said.
‘Maybe instead of fresh flowers, we could even do a same day self-love delivery box you can send to a friend or family member who needs a pick-me-up.’
The 28-year-old said she thinks her business has struck a chord with thousands of others because all of her followers on Instagram ‘feel as though they have a best friend in us’.
‘We go above and beyond and are very personable when it comes to helping people select their crystals and find the light,’ Hayley said.
‘Cleanse & Co aims to help you align with your higher self through products and practises, reconnecting, healing and inspiring you to all that you truly are – loved, worthy and whole,’ Hayley said (her crystals pictured)
The candles cost $59 each and feature everything from orange calcite for power to amazonite for balance (candles pictured)
What do you need to know about common crystals?
* AVENTURINE: The stone of prosperity. Aventurine reinforces leadership qualities and decisiveness. It promotes compassion and empathy and encourages perseverance. Aventurine calms anger and irritation while promoting feelings of well-being making it an absolutely amazing stone for just about everything.
* CHEVRON AMETHYST: The journey stone. Chevron amethyst encourages you to look deep inside yourself while gently releasing you from resistance, opening your mind, body and soul. Chevron Amethyst is a protecting stone and is perfect to use while in mediation or during yoga practice, to protect yet encourage physical and spiritual growth.
* RHODONITE: The compassion stone. Rhodonite encourages expressions of feelings, connection with loved ones and lifting guilt and shame. It is an emotional balancer that clears away emotional wounds and scars from the past while providing nurture and love. Rhodonite clears and activates the heart making it an excellent stone for communication, lifting your confidence and healing heart wounds after break ups or trauma.
* NEW JADE: The stone of protection. New Jade assists in soothing the emotional body, releasing fear and fret. It creates a protective shield from enemies and destructive forces. New Jade helps us to connect with the heart and mind and release blockages or repressed emotions. This stone is a powerful heart healer making it a perfect stone to carry for protection and during times of stress.
* PINK TOURMALINE: Pink Tourmaline is a stone of love, compassion, emotional healing and self love. It helps calm one’s emotions in times of distress, and is the perfect stone to carry if you suffer from daily bouts of anxiety. This stone is such a strong healing stone due to it commonly being formed within Quartz masses. Quartz naturally amplifies any stone placed near it, so we regularly recommend Pink Tourmaline to anyone suffering from heavy emotional pain weighing on the heart.
Source: Cleanse & Co
Finally, the entrepreneur shared her tips for others who have a business idea and are tempted to run with it:
‘Keep your brand clean and appealing to everyone,’ Hayley said.
‘I think one of the main reasons for my success was bringing a minimal approach to holistic healing so people don’t feel too overwhelmed with a whole pile of hippie things.’
Hayley also said focusing on the product first will mean you go on to good things.
‘Cleanse & Co aims to help you align with your higher self through products and practises, reconnecting, healing and inspiring you to all that you truly are – loved, worthy and whole,’ Hayley said.
‘We believe that in doing so, you gain the courage and knowing that you are able to achieve anything you set your mind to, fulfilling your life’s purpose.’
For more information about Cleanse & Co, please click here. You can also follow the brand on Instagram here.