News, Culture & Society

Fiancé of missing Colorado mom is confronted outside his lawyer’s office while carrying his baby

November 22 – 

Surveillance footage from a Safeway store in Woodland Park shows Berreth shopping for groceries with her one-year-old daughter just before 12.30pm.

Police say the video is currently the last visual confirmation they have of Berreth. 

The young mom’s fiancé and the father of her daughter, Patrick Frazee, told investigators that she dropped the baby off at his house after she went to the store.  

November 25 – 

Berreth’s employer, Doss Aviation in Pueblo, received texts sent from her phone saying the flight instructor would not be at work for the next week. 

Frazee said he’d received a text from her phone the same day, but investigators have not revealed what it said. 

Berreth’s phone pinged that day on a cell tower in Gooding, Idaho, about 700 miles from her home.

December 2 – 

Berreth’s mother Cheryl asked police to do a welfare check at her daughter’s home after being unable to reach her.  

Cheryl said she had reached out to Frazee, who told her he hadn’t heard from Berreth since she had last texted a week earlier on November 25. 

Woodlawn Park Police officers conducted a community care takers search at Berreth’s home, which was empty. 

Her cars, her clothes and her toothbrush all appeared untouched since Thanksgiving, investigators said.

December 3 – 

The Woodland Park Police Department issued its first notice to the public asking for information about Berreth’s whereabouts.  

‘Please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at 719-687-9262,’ the department wrote.

December 5 –  

Loved ones created a Facebook page entitled ‘Missing Mother – Kelsey Berreth’ to spread the word about her disappearance.

The Woodland Park Police revealed the mom had last been seen wearing a white shirt, grey sweater, blue pants, white shoes and a brown purse. 

December 6 – 

Berreth’s family wrote on the Facebook page that it would be out of character for the mom to leave without warning, despite her pilot experience.  

‘She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from,’ a Facebook post said. 

‘I don’t believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now.’

December 7 –

Friends and family held a prayer vigil for Berreth outside her brother’s home in Tacoma, Washington.   

‘Please keep praying!’ her family wrote on Facebook. ‘We need to find Kelsey!’

December 10 –

Cheryl joined the Woodland Park Police Department for an emotional press conference asking anyone with information about Berreth’s whereabouts to come forward. 

Police Chief Miles De Young said the department is working with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the FBI and authorities in Gooding, Idaho.

He said no suspects have been identified. 

All planes at Berreth’s place of employment have been accounted for and there is no evidence that she flew anywhere.   

De Young said that Frazee was invited to the press conference, but decided not to attend. When asked why, he said: ‘That’s a question you would have to ask him.’ 

The police chief said Frazee is cooperating with investigators and is currently watching the couple’s young daughter.  

Cheryl told reporters: ‘I’d just like to talk to you a little bit about Kelsey. She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character.

‘Kelsey loves her god, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job. She’s reliable, considerate and honest. … She doesn’t run off, and someone knows where she’s at.’

Investigators created an email address where people can submit tips related to the case – 

December 11 

Frazee was confronted by a reporter outside the Law Office of Jeremy Loew. 

He was seen carrying the couple’s daughter as he quickly got inside a red truck. 

The reporter is heard in a video asking Frazee why he hasn’t commented on his fiancee’s disappearance. 

Frazee refuses to speak to the reporter and proceeds to drive away. 

December 12 

Frazee handed over his phone and gave DNA swabs to police. 

Authorities said Frazee has been cooperating with the investigation. 

Frazee’s lawyer said on Wednesday that his client was not present at Monday’s press conference because he wasn’t given any notice. 

‘Mr Frazee’s cooperation includes interviews with law enforcement, voluntarily releasing his phone to be searched by law enforcement, buccal swabs, and photographs,’ the lawyer said. 

‘Much has been said over the news and social media about Mr Frazee’s absence at the local new conference recently held by the Woodland Park Police Department on December 10, 2018. 

‘Mr Frazee was first notified of the press conference approximately an hour prior to its commencement. Had he been given more advance notice, he would have participated. 

‘Mr Frazee hopes and prays for Ms Berreth’s return.’