Home baker shares her VERY simple recipe for chewy chocolate cookies – and you can make your own with just five ingredients
- ‘Instagram famous’ baker Eloise Head wowed social media with her latest recipe
- Her easy recipe for chocolate cookies is now one of her most-liked posts online
- She uses five ingredients: icing sugar, cocoa, eggs, salt and chocolate chips
- Photos and videos of the cookies have amassed a staggering 60,394 ‘likes’
- Fans have dubbed it the best recipe ever shared on her page, FitWaffle Kitchen
‘Instagram famous’ baker Eloise Head has wowed the internet with her latest recipe, which has swiftly become one of her most-liked posts on social media.
The brains behind viral food page ‘FitWaffle Kitchen’ recently showed fans how she makes flourless chocolate cookies with five simple ingredients: eggs, icing sugar, cocoa, salt and chocolate chips.
Photos and videos of the cookies have amassed a staggering 60,394 ‘likes’ since they were uploaded online on April 12 – more than double the engagement Ms Head typically receives on her drool-inducing posts.
Fans have dubbed it the ‘best recipe’ ever shared on her popular account, which gained a mammoth following during the first Covid lockdown in early 2020 when millions had little else to do but experiment in the kitchen.
‘Instagram famous’ baker Eloise Head’s remarkably simple chocolate cookies, which she makes with five simple ingredients: eggs, icing sugar, cocoa, salt and chocolate chips
Ms Head makes the cookies by sifting 350 grams of icing sugar with 60 grams of cocoa powder and a half teaspoon of salt, mixing until fully combined.
She adds three egg whites, carefully separated from their yolks, and mixes until smooth.
Next, she folds in 250 grams of chocolate chips before leaving the batter to sit for about 30 minutes.
Ms Head then scoops one tablespoon of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, spreading the scoops two to three inches apart.
She bakes the batter for 10 minutes in an oven set to 160 degrees Celsius, then waits for the cookies to cool before transferring to an airtight jar.
Fans have dubbed the cookies (pictured) the ‘best recipe’ ever shared on the popular account
Ms Head (pictured) shot to online stardom during the first Covid lockdown, when she started to share photos of her simple but decadent desserts online
Ms Head described them as ‘the easiest, chewiest double chocolate cookies’ she has ever made.
Her post sparked delighted responses from followers, with many praising her for sharing a flourless recipe suitable for coeliacs and those with gluten sensitivity.
‘This is great, I would love to see more posts for gluten-free and even dairy-free or both please!’ one woman wrote.
Another added: ‘I can’t eat gluten and I drool over your stuff… So glad I can make these! Please make some more GF alternatives!’
FitWaffle Kitchen recipe for chocolate cookies
350g icing sugar, sifted
60g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 large egg whites
250g chocolate chips
1. Sift icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt together until fully combined.
2. Beat in egg yolks, mixing until smooth.
3. Fold in chocolate chips then leave the batter to set for 30 minutes.
4. Scoop one tablespoon of mixture at a time onto a baking tray and bake in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
Source: FitWaffle Kitchen