Apart from the revolution that digital media is bringing to the design of brand marketing strategies, advertising Brochures continue to play an important role in maintaining the company’s image and promoting products and services. Far from traditional leaflets or supermarket catalogs, brochures have now become authentic works of art, with impressive designs and exceptional typographic treatments. This simple sheet is the most flexible and economical way to reach the target audience effectively, transmitting at a glance the values of our brand or product.
Nonetheless, many companies see this promotion method as obsolete, and often reduce it to the background in their marketing programs, thus wasting the enormous potential this media has if used properly. Usually, when the use of leaflets is not effective, this is mainly due to the fact that the brand does not know the target audience well and has not taken enough time in the translation of the communication strategy and brochure contents.
An area that has become a true reference in using the right flyers is concert promotion. Promoters have a clear idea of their audience, and they design brochures according to their style, to places they often visit, to brands that they consume, etc. The market of craftsmen has turned the advertising leaflets into real visual poems and in the exhibitions and congresses; the use of these materials is perfectly adjusted for the sector and the professional target of the events.
It is important to establish basic parameters before the production and distribution of material.
1. Know who our target audiences are and where they often visit. Recognizing our target customers will give us a good guide to designing and moving our brochures: typology, messaging, color, design, production materials.
2. Create a distribution program. It is important to think about where we will distribute our ads and in what ways. There are many places and possibilities depending on what we want to convey: performance in presentation events, street marketing actions, industry fairs, waiting rooms, airports, shopping centers, etc.
3. Put yourself in the hands of a professional. Producing leaflets can be very easy and economical if you put yourself in the hands of a professional. Companies that specialize in printing promotional materials can tell you about the best inks, designs, materials and sizes. In addition, working regularly with this type of partner allows us to take advantage of promotions, volume discounts, and build uniformity in the production of all our materials, which encourages the transmission of coherent brand images.
4. Have a clear idea of what we want to convey. If we want to give an image of quality or exclusivity, we should not use raw materials or complicated designs for the production of our leaflets. If what we are looking for, for example, is to transmit a brand image that is committed to the environment, we must use sustainable and disposable materials. However, if the aim is to communicate the benefits of low-cost services, our brochure must escape from images or fancy tastes.
5. Simplicity in sending messages. Flyers are designed to deliver clear and short messages. The idea is that what we want to send at a glance reaches the client.