- Floyd Mayweather takes on Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena on August 26
- The two fighters shared a fiery four-city, four-day publicity tour earlier this year
- The Nevada State Athletic Commission has warned them about their conduct
- ‘(Both) know the repercussions from inappropriate behaviour,’ NSAC chief said
- Read more: Andre Ward predicts ‘big knockout’ in Mayweather vs McGregor
Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have been warned not to ‘put their hands on each other’ before stepping between the ropes for their money-spinning showdown.
The two fighters will descend on the Las Vegas strip this week, where they will come face-to face for a final press conference and weigh-in before meeting in the ring at the T-Mobile Arena on Saturday night.
Mayweather and McGregor were involved in a feisty pre-fight publicity tour last month, when their trash talking threatened to boil over across four shows in four nights.
Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have been warned over their behaviour in fight week
The UFC star takes on the former five-weight world champion in Las Vegas on Saturday night
And ahead of this Saturday’s showdown the Nevada State Athletic Commission, who sanctioned the fight, have warned both boxers that they risk punishments if they engage in any ‘physical altercation’ before fight night.
‘It wouldn’t be in (Mayweather and McGregor’s) best interest to put their hands on each other, and they both know that,’ NSAC chief Bob Bennett told Sky Sports.
‘Both of them are professionals that know the repercussions from inappropriate behaviour. I don’t expect either one of them to get into any physical altercation. They are supreme athletes that know the rules and regulations.’
McGregor was fined by the NSAC after bottles were thrown before his fight with Nate Diaz (L)
Both fighters have risked the ire of the NSAC in the past. McGregor paid a £19,400 ($25,000) fine earlier this year after plastic bottles were thrown during his press conference with UFC rival Nate Diaz.
Mayweather, meanwhile, appeared in front of the commission ahead of his 2014 showdown with Marcos Maidana.
The 40-year-old was asked to prove that sparring sessions in his Las Vegas gym were safe after footage emerged of people placing bets as two fighters sparred for 31 consecutive minutes.