The unhappiest place on earth? Four Disney World visitors are suing the resort over claims they got ‘extremely sick and need to visit the emergency room after eating lettuce wraps crawling with live insects’
- Four visitors to Disney World’s Polynesian Village are suing for over $15,000
- They claimed to have found ‘dozens of live insects and bugs’ on lettuce they ate at the resort in Orlando
- They were left ‘extremely sick’ and needing ‘multiple emergency room visits’
- The lawsuit called Disney ‘negligent’ for serving ‘dangerous’ food at a buffet
Four Disney World visitors claim to have become ‘extremely sick’ and needed ‘multiple emergency room visits’ after eating lettuce crawling with ‘live insects’ at the Orlando resort.
The plaintiffs from Broward County, Florida, allege the food from the buffet station at Disney Parks and Resorts’ Polynesian Village Resort in December, caused them suffering – and have filed a negligence lawsuit against the park for more than $15,000.
The group Cynthia Walker, Jeoffrey Walker, Brittany Walker Figueroa and her daughter, Bella, all claimed to have suffered food poisoning and subsequent illnesses.
The four Disney visitors took pictures of the green specks on lettuce which they claim was dozens of tiny green bugs and insects (above)
They claim to have suffered food poisoning after eating multiple of the bugs at hidden on lettuce at the Polynesian Village Resort at Disney. The plaintiffs allege that ‘dozens’ of the insects and bugs which were alive and crawling
The incident allegedly happened at the Polynesian Village Resort at Disney Parks and Resorts in Orlando Florida
The food originated from a create your own wrap station where customers could assemble their own wraps with chicken, celery, carrots, broccoli and sauces.
The lawsuit alleges that Figueroa ‘felt something crawling inside of her mouth and removed what appeared to be a small green bug that had legs and was moving.’
By this point she had already consumed ‘multiple lettuce wraps’ and later was ‘extremely sick,’ needing to take multiple emergency room visits.
The group took pictures of their meals which revealed little green specks on lettuce, which under magnification appeared to be tiny bugs and insects.
They claim to have suffered ‘loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,’ loss of earnings and medical expenses including hospitalization costs.
The plaintiffs claim they have been left with ‘serious permanent injuries’ that were not elaborated-on in the lawsuit.
Their attorney has said that to serve ‘defective and unreasonably dangerous’ food was an act of negligence by the park.
Pictures of the wraps from the self-service buffet were presented in the lawsuit, which appeared to show little green bugs
The group said that wraps could be constructed from lettuce, chicken, celery, carrots, broccoli and sauces
DailyMail.com reached out to The Walt Disney Company for comment, who confirmed they intended to fight the lawsuit.
A spokesperson said: ‘We do not believe the claimed illnesses were a result of the guests’ dining experiences, and we will defend against these allegations in court.
‘Enjoying high-quality meals in clean and safe environments is an important part of a Walt Disney World Resort vacation.’
The Walt Disney World Polynesian Village Resort opened in 1971 and has served to ‘celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific,’ according to their website.
Inside guests can enjoy an ‘oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation,’ as well as ‘the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants.’
The family took pictures of their plates of food but allege by that point it was too late as they had already eaten multiple wraps. They are looking to sue for a figure over $15,000
The claim to have suffered ‘loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,’ loss of earnings and medical expenses including hospitalization costs