A fourth British woman has claimed she is a victim of sexual assault by Andrew Tate, alleging the social media influencer choked her until she lost consciousness.
The 30-year-old has joined a civil claim for damages against Tate, after three other women said in April that they intended to begin proceedings.
Former kickboxer Tate is currently under house arrest in Romania with his brother Tristan on suspicion of organised crime and human trafficking, which he denies.
Now, the fourth woman has come forward to claim she faced threatening behaviour from Tate after he ‘strangled’ her until she lost consciousness while they had sex.
The woman, who was a university student aged 20 at the time of the allegations in 2014, said she met Tate on a night out in his hometown of Luton, Bedfordshire.
Andrew Tate gave an interview to the BBC from his home in Romania last Thursday
She said they had consensual sex but this became violent when Tate choked her, and when she awoke he was still having sex with her, which she did not consent to.
The woman told BBC Newsnight that this was her second encounter with Tate. A few months earlier they had consensual sex.
She said while they were having sex on their second encounter, Tate put his hand on her throat and ‘strangled me’ until she passed out – and that when she came round ‘it was a bit confusing at first’, and he was ‘still having sex with me’.
The woman also said she was subjected to violent threats by Tate, including one to kill her, adding: ‘He kept saying: “I own you, you belong to me”.
‘All throughout the night he was being fairly aggressive and saying horrible things.’
A spokesman for Tate insisted that all sexual acts he had been involved in had been consensual – and that he does not condone violence towards women.
The woman did not report the incident to police at the time, saying that she only realised she had been sexually assaulted about six years later when she described what had happened to her friends.
She has now joined three other British woman aged in their late 20s and early 30s in a planned lawsuit against Tate, as they pursue civil claims for damages.
They all claim they were victims of sexual violence by Tate between 2013 and 2016, when he lived in the UK.
But Tate’s spokesman told Sky News: ‘We understand there is a lot of interest surrounding Andrew at the moment; however, he vehemently denies these accusations and does not condone violence of any kind towards women.
Andrew Tate leaves a court in Bucharest on May 19 after a judge extended his house arrest
Andrew Tate (left) is currently under house arrest in Romania with his brother Tristan (right)
‘All sexual acts that Andrew has partaken in have been consensual and agreed upon before by both parties.
‘Andrew strongly encourages women who have experienced assault, in any form, to report it to the relevant authorities. He is saddened that a few women who he has allegedly spent time with nearly a decade ago have decided to try and take advantage of his current situation.
‘We will not be commenting any further on anyone’s alleged intention to pursue legal action unless such action is submitted to the authorities.’
The lawyer for the original three women, Matt Jury, said in April when their claim was first announced: ‘Their allegations include rape, sexual and physical assaults, including holding guns to women’s heads, strangulations including with belts, allegations of the most awful behaviour towards women.’
In a heated interview with BBC News last Thursday, Tate insisted he will be cleared of accusations of organised crime and human trafficking.
The 36-year-old British-US citizen said he is ‘absolutely and utterly sure’ he is innocent and instead said he is a ‘force for good in the world’ and a ‘positive influence’.
In the interview in his home in Romania, he said: ‘We have an open criminal investigation, I am absolutely and utterly sure I’ll be found innocent.
‘I know the case better than you, I know it intimately and you don’t, I have seen all the criminal files and the evidence against me and you haven’t, I know the truth of what happened and you don’t.
‘And I’m telling you absolutely and utterly, I’ve never hurt anybody, that the case that’s been put against me is completely and utterly fabricated and I’m never gonna be found guilty of anything.’
A number of campaign groups have claimed Tate’s views make him a danger to young men and boys who see his content online, while the National Education Union’s (NEU) annual conference heard pupils are becoming misogynistic because of him.
A Lamborghini seized in the case against Tate is towed away in Bucharest on January 14
Told about this, he responded: ‘That’s very upsetting and the reason that’s very upsetting is because I know that’s not true, I’m genuinely a good person. I believe my impact on the world is positive.’
Tate, who has lived in Romania since 2017, was previously banned from various social media platforms.
After the Tate brothers and two Romanian women were arrested in December, the country’s Directorate for Investigating Organised Crime and Terrorism said in a statement it had identified six alleged victims in the human trafficking case who were allegedly subjected to ‘acts of physical violence and mental coercion’ and sexually exploited.
The agency claimed the alleged victims were lured with pretences of love and later intimidated, placed under surveillance and subjected to other control tactics while allegedly being coerced into engaging in pornographic acts for the financial gain of the crime group.
Tate has claimed that Romanian prosecutors have no evidence and alleged their case is a political conspiracy designed to silence him.